OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New coral day!

Got a purple stylo, blueberry acro, birds of paradise and an orange monti from the recent @Tidal Gardens live sale! Everything arrived looking great. I'll have some photos tomorrow once things have calmed down in the tank and the corals get used to their new home.

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my heaters died! Had to zip to petsmart tonight to grab a 300W stand alone unit.

I have two BRS units tied to an inkbird controller, neither one feels warm at all to the touch even though the controller is showing 73 degrees (target tank temp is 78)

I'll reach out to BRS tomorrow since both 200W units are still going to be under warranty

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS turned my request around in a matter of half an hour. Two new heaters are on their way thankfully.

The 300W did the job just fine over night and now I'll have a backup if (when) I need it.

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good im considering buying the same lights as you how do you like them so far?
Sorry man, I missed your post!

I don't mind them at all, make sure you have them higher than I put mine or you'll have som gnarly shadowing on the edges of the tank. I have the 120 degree lens that I just haven't gotten around to installing yet. So far they've been a good bang for the buck, they have enough juice to let SPS grow and my LPS and zoas seem to be doing alright for the most part as well.

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after an ongoing battle with dinos I've got it nipped and the tank is recovering. I lost my purple stylo and my birds nest SPS which is a huge bummer.

My solution was using 3% hydrogen peroxide and a three day blackout. Will start getting some photos now that things are on the up swing and looking happier

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back