75g Stocking Options

tyler502

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g setup with a snowflake eel, striped burrfish, and a small spotted hawkfish (about 2.5 inches). Am I able to add any more fish to the tank, or am I pretty much maxed? If I can add more, what are my options? I think a couple blue damsels, a cleaner wrasse, or maybe even a fuzzy dwarf would be cool, but I don't want cramped fish. Thanks in advance!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always add more fish... With respect to the eel, if it fits in the fish it could very well end up in the fish! (I don't have eels for this reason) Irrespective of the eel, a cleaner wrasse and damsels are fine (azure and sapphire devil are fairly easy going).

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have plenty of room, really only one fish using the water column. Fuzzy would be a good addition, then would limit the possibility or the damsels and cleaner wrasse, or you could do those instead. One of the bristletooth tang varieties would work, and a dwarf angel for fowlr. Just check out some of my threads for the fuzzy, they do have specialized care and can be a challenge to feed.

OP
OP
tyler502

tyler502

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have plenty of room, really only one fish using the water column. Fuzzy would be a good addition, then would limit the possibility or the damsels and cleaner wrasse, or you could do those instead. One of the bristletooth tang varieties would work, and a dwarf angel for fowlr. Just check out some of my threads for the fuzzy, they do have specialized care and can be a challenge to feed.
Yeah I've heard it's really hard to get them to eat frozen, so I'll probably go with the wrasse/damsels. Can tangs live off of supplemental feeding alone? My tank does not grow much algae at all, and didn't even during cycling. Do you think a dwarf angel might be too small for the snowflake eel to get ahold of? I really like the midnight black angels so that'd be a cool option. Thanks!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midnight angels would be a great option, just make sure they are large enough at introduction. Bristletooths really do need grazing opportunities, their difficulty usually arises from the lack of live algae.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back