75G Tank Brace Cracked-Toss or Possible Solution

SeaHorseQueen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Messages
442
Reaction score
192
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a free’d up tank that I got from a guy that used it for freshwater fish. Paid $50 for this not knowing what could be done for it. It has a cracked brace from what appears (to me) that someone tried to lift it from the brace. I had some tell me to use those brace straps but idk whether to do this or not. Can this be salvaged? I used it for a hamster cage so it wasn’t a useless buy technically.




IMG_5238.jpeg
IMG_5239.jpeg

This was at the bottom. I’m not sure that’s a crack or just a design part.
IMG_5240.jpeg
 
I would do both just for piece of mind.....
I appreciate your help. The prices look pretty decent. I was going to ask where to find one because I've never replaced one.
 
New one is $115 right now on petco.com That's the route I would go.
 
IMO, looks like you can use for Hamster.....
new one is $144 at Petco.....
Use code sitewide20 this weekend and it becomes $115! Lowest I have seen. Might be a new garage project in my future
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new