75GAL REEF TANK BUILD

NeptuneSpear2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!
New to the community, and started my reef roughly 6-7 mos. ago. Just started a pod seed a few weeks ago with some microalgae (Chaeto) to house some Dragonettes. Going well so far, just hard to see the pods still even with a flashlight at night. Dumped roughly 20K in the tank, been feeding Phyto and flake food at night. Any recommendations??

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey neptune, welcome to the club! Pods are pretty easy since they just need a safe area and they will take care of themselves. Are you looking for recommendations on anything specific? Let's see some pictures of what you have going on!

OP
OP
NeptuneSpear2011

NeptuneSpear2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
NeptuneSpear2011

NeptuneSpear2011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey neptune, welcome to the club! Pods are pretty easy since they just need a safe area and they will take care of themselves. Are you looking for recommendations on anything specific? Let's see some pictures of what you have going on!
Appreciate the response and apologize for my late response. Been fighting an Ich issue in the tank, lost my Powder Brown Tang in the process. Sure Kenny, lemme get some pics together and I'll post em here. Made a DIY fuge with some microalgae and added roughly 20k pods or so. Dont really see any of em at night to be honest. Been over a month since tank was seeded.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back