OP
OP
TroyHoot

TroyHoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity.. What was the reason for mounting your power racks upside down?

The power input was on the side with the brand label. I wanted it to be a straight shot to the wall receptacle. This way I could run the main input power along the edge of the cabinet on the inside.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power input was on the side with the brand label. I wanted it to be a straight shot to the wall receptacle. This way I could run the main input power along the edge of the cabinet on the inside.

Good Reason. What all do you have powered through those? I like the clean look! I, too, am building my first Reef Tank. A 75G Display tank with a 40B for a sump. I wish I had thought to just build a longer than needed stand as you did to put electrical in a separate section. I am early enough in my build though, that I might modify mine to do the same thing. Again, I really like the look of your set up.

OP
OP
TroyHoot

TroyHoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO, Heater controller (both heaters plug into the controller), Carbon reactor, Tunze powerhead on the back wall, Gyre, Skimmer, Return pump, ATS light, Ethereal controller, both maxspect ethereal lights. I use extra slots when I change water or vac out the sump ect.

I made the stand longer for a few reasons. First I was thinking of having a show refugium beside the tank. Or a place to set a QT tank. Also this gives me room to upgrade the main tank if I want. The stand could hold a 6'x2' tank for future.

OP
OP
TroyHoot

TroyHoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few updated pictures.

2a24cc3f13d12e37f43c65e79878b38a.jpg

617e97ed2a2cfd82fe6daaeb796c50ad.jpg

d4ac148fbbc1e1350c09ebddfcc011fc.jpg

OP
OP
TroyHoot

TroyHoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exquisite wrasse went into the acclimation box right after christmas. 3 days in the box then i released him. Saw no signs of aggression while in the box. He got chased around alot by the lubbocks for a few days. Day before yesterday the Exquisite hurt his spine somehow. Now he is swimming tail down and not using his tail much. Hoping he recovers, will have to wait and see. I am having horrible luck with wrasse.

I also have a Filament fin wrasse in QT along with a little yellow tang. I was going to be finished adding fish after this round. But if the exquisite doesnt make it that may change. Really want 3 fairy/flasher wrasse to the aggression is spread aboud a little.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back