8 bulb T5 or 3 Viparspectras?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TCoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The thing nobody ever talks about in these threads is the actual look of the tank with each type of lighting. It is vastly different and most people probably prefer one or the other.
 
I’m a little confused. You just said if you don’t have $200 to change bulbs yearly, you shouldn’t be reefing no? Or did I read that incorrectly?

Viparspectras are pretty much black boxes. If not comparable .
That's what I'm saying!
Go cheaper and more efficient!
Whatever the road you choose.
If the guy likes T5s, and if those $200.00 yearly won't make too much difference for him, why should he go with LEDs?! LOL!
Everyone should get the lights they want for God's sake!
I mean... how stupid is to argue about changing bulbs once a year and spend those $200.00, if that's what he wants? To get a $200.00 frag and be stuck with some other light he actually doesn't like as much?
Yeah, whoever likes go with black boxes, please do! They aren' bad at all for the price the get attached to!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new