8 months into this… Black sacs on rock appearing help please!

Dan1979e

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here. can some help me identify black sack that recently appeared in my tank I’m freaking out!

IMG_0347.jpeg IMG_0346.jpeg IMG_0345.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Dan1979e

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed bubble algae. My Gal would love if mine grew like that. She loves large bubble algae but mine always grows in clusters of small ones never a single one getting larger. Emerald crabs keep mine at bay so now it only grows on the overflow weir
Bubble algae - most people would recommend removing it, as not much usually eats it and it generally spreads quickly.
Thanks for the reply.I have tried to manually remove it and it’s consistency is more like a harder shell and won’t let go off the rocks…I I haven’t tried to aggressively remove it yet for the fact I couldn’t identify it yet, or was worried I would contaminate my tank even worsening or spreading what was inside.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dan1979e

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed bubble algae. My Gal would love if mine grew like that. She loves large bubble algae but mine always grows in clusters of small ones never a single one getting larger. Emerald crabs keep mine at bay so now it only grows on the overflow weirs.
I do have a cleaner shrimp and and few different kinds of crabs but no one seems to be doing their jobs…

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back