OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need one of those. Need - want --- need, it's all subjective. :p
that thing is the best thing I've ever bought for the reef. They need a low range nitrate checker that works just like that one :)

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that thing is the best thing I've ever bought for the reef. They need a low range nitrate checker that works just like that one :)
Yea, I'm not good at squinting looking at the refractometer. I have a PH meter like that someplace in this house. Needs batteries.

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say there are several vendors I have been increasingly agitated with during this build and have had extremely slow communication once the sale has been made. Still waiting on some of them to bother to reply or issue refunds on items that were defective.

So far I can say that BRS and also Calikidcorals have both been a pleasure to work with. I won't mention the others unless they just do not make things right.

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nvm.... I just realized the time line its probably still cycling. Lol
It is still cylcling, but I do have have livestock arranged to go in from about the 13th-20th pending water tests (fast cycle). There is a purple tang going in (yeah, I know, he is already 6" :confused:), a couple lyretail anthias, a couple ornate leopard wrasses, a couple blackstorm clownfish, a chromis (I promised him I would put him in the big tank if he just stayed alive in the emergency tank), and likely a goby of some sort soon after.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still cylcling, but I do have have livestock arranged to go in from about the 13th-20th pending water tests (fast cycle). There is a purple tang going in (yeah, I know, he is already 6" :confused:), a couple lyretail anthias, a couple ornate leopard wrasses, a couple blackstorm clownfish, a chromis (I promised him I would put him in the big tank if he just stayed alive in the emergency tank), and likely a goby of some sort soon after.
Dang that all going in at once? You'll have to get your chromis a buddy but I like the stock list. They should all be happy. What does your aquascape look like?

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that all going in at once? You'll have to get your chromis a buddy but I like the stock list. They should all be happy. What does your aquascape look like?
Looks like a bunch of rocks on top of one another lol. No, seriously, I had to get the rock in just to displace water when I set it up and now that it is clear, I will be working on it. I would say it is more minimalist than rock wall for sure.

Basically, it was myself and Chromie snowed in for a week (screw that emerald crab and filefish) and we made a pact that he could move to the new tank.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the 13th - 20th of this month to add your fish?
A 6" purple tang along with all the others you have listed?

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the 13th - 20th of this month to add your fish?
A 6" purple tang along with all the others you have listed?
Should have said 19th to the 20th IF cycle is complete. Stock list is fluid as I have the service to rely on as we go forward.

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears to be aquascape. One box of reef solutions rock was busted all up, so I used what I could for future zoa frags
20210313_011932.jpg

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was day 6 for the tank. I totally trounced my aquascape by adding a huge piece of dead coral from a very well run 300g to finalize an "instatank" as well as I could and added some corals. No ammonia or nitrite, so Chromie (blue chromis) got his new home as well.

I hooked up the skimmer today and I will try to get in dialed in. All looks good but I ordered some 24" hemomostats as my armpits stay soggy.

UV and dosing going in this weekend.

2CAA8EB9157E_1615780810542.jpg

20210315_172716.jpg

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa, Duncan and Monti continue to look awesome!!! Chromie should be pretty happy with his new digs.
Thank you! No pic today but things look even better honestly. A water change is in my very immediate future it appears.

Back