82’s IM25 lagoon build

Mark82

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
185
Location
Barstow
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up everyone,

Starting a new build thread to document the process, track progression, and get feedback along the way.

The tank has been ordered — going with the Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon. I also ordered Tampa Bay Saltwater rock. I used TBS on my 80g build and had little to no ugly stage, so I’m planning to follow a similar approach here.
For this build:

Custom stand (DIY)

Taking time on the aquascape before livestock

Aiming for a clean “display-style” frag system rather than a traditional rack-heavy setup

The rock won’t arrive until next month, so I’ll be using that time to:
Build the stand
Plan and mock up the aquascape

Lighting will be a Noopsyche K7 Pro 4 (should be arriving today).
Appreciate any advice along the way — I’ll keep this thread updated as things come in and progress.Looking forward to getting this one going.

IMG_1365.jpeg
 
Excellent sized nano. Didn’t have space for a larger one so I went with the starter kit myself. Yeah I do live rock myself. Went with GLR and KP plus aragonite sand. Basically no ugly at all. Looking forward to seeing its progress. This is my little piece of the ocean
IMG_6820.jpeg
 
I hope mine comes out that good.
What helps with smaller tanks in particular is planning out what corals you want beforehand. Mine went mostly the way I intended. Including not having clowns this time.
 
Agreed. Gonna go LPS with some shrooms and zoas. My plan is to go less rock in this one with more pass throughs and exposed sand bed.
 
Update: Light came in 👀
Just got the Noopsyche K7 Pro 4 in for the Lagoon build. Didn’t mess with it too much. Got it connected to the phone so I could mess with controls and make sure it works 😂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1384.jpeg
    IMG_1384.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1386.jpeg
    IMG_1386.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1389.jpeg
    IMG_1389.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 38
Following along!
 
Tank has landed! Now time to kick this in gear. Started working on the stand. Grabbed some 3/4 inch birch. Got to cutting and here we are.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_D30772F7-7137-4B73-BB2E-2024C871B831.jpeg
    IMG_D30772F7-7137-4B73-BB2E-2024C871B831.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1579.jpeg
    IMG_1579.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_212E6E38-263A-476F-BCAD-3BAF9B2C6844.jpeg
    IMG_212E6E38-263A-476F-BCAD-3BAF9B2C6844.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1568.jpeg
    IMG_1568.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 54
Skipped hinges and went with magnets. Suppose to be here today. Until the next post✌️
 
Good luck! It’s a beautiful nano tank with a lot of real estate! (at least for now)

He’s a progress check on mine’s. It’s been up for 4 months.
20260419_211439_0A2A53D0-3064-4B18-B36B-A2D2BA05FBE7.png
 
Looking good, can’t wait to get this going.
 
Sorry for lagging on updating. Been posting on my IG.
5/16
 

Attachments

  • 256F57DF-42DC-42C9-A69E-19EE96216A8D.mp4
    41.8 MB
5/20: added 6lbs of Tampa bay saltwater live rock. Rock came full of life, sponges baby stars and feather dusters. Just placed Tbs rock on dry rock structure in the flow to help spread bacteria. Still running lights off for first month. Once lights are on I’ll arrange tbs rock to final placement.
Also added copepods to help seed the tank and get established before lights on to help with ugly stage.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1842.mov
    30.2 MB
  • IMG_1962.jpeg
    IMG_1962.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
5/21: added pair of Picasso clowns. Not worried about ammonia due to having the tbs live rock which I believe has more than enough bacteria to handle small clown pair bio load.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1859.mov
    24.3 MB
5/27: Replaced the stock return pumps with a single Jebao DCW-1500. Running at 4/10 power for now. Keeping some room to increase flow later as corals are added and the tank matures. Clowns are doing great and baby feather duster is settled in the sand bed. Dosing photo every other day for pods and feather duster. Lights only on for video.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1894.mov
    55.1 MB
Everything’s going good. Been sticking with corals. All fish are doing good. Just picked up a fleece roller. I’ll try and get some tank pics up tomorrow
 
Thanks, love the rockwork! I have a new IM25 lagoon and was looking for inspiration. Would love to build something like what you did. Also loving the TBS idea. Seriously debating something on their Sept shipment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new