8g IOAOI Macro Tank

EstelleOrain

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2023
Messages
58
Reaction score
35
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I was lucky enough to receive one of these in the test group, and decided to start documenting my builds since I am also working on setting up a new 200g waterbox tank, figured I would start with the easier one.

The tank came extremely well packaged and is very well made. I had a small problem keeping the pump connected to the return, but got that solved with a ziptie. Makes a fantastic little macro tank. I am planning on adding a citron goby in the future.

Build consists of:

ReefBuilders Pico refugium 9 watt light.

Sicce syncra nano 110gph.

Custom cut DD jumpguard pro.

Rocks and sand left over from another build.

Macro from my sump that would of otherwise been tossed.

20250915_162949.jpg 20250915_163100.jpg 20250915_163106.jpg
 
Just noticed some of the ulva has started to grow off the rocks, was hoping it would attach at some point.
 

Attachments

  • 20250914_163946.jpg
    20250914_163946.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 58
Very nice! Macro tanks have always been interesting to me. It's like having a little forest underwater (or a large forest if you are in the ocean)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new