90 Gallon Dither Fish "looking to add anthias to mixed reef"

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I added a purple tang and a female pink skunk "the female pink skunk is intended as a mate for my small male but they haven't paired just yet but she doesn't mess with him at all and they sleep in same area". I already had an established Solar fairy wrasse in the tank and the pink skunk is large and chases towards him when she gets close as well as a little bit of chasing from the tang. I wanted to add some dither fish to give my wrasse some relief from the chasing. I added a Bubbletip anemone which has actually climbed up the tank and settled near where the clowns sleep "away from my gyre pump" but I would rather look into an alternate solution in case she doesn't host.

Does anyone have any anthias suggestions which would work I wanted to try a male and 2 females. Also I am planning to add a smaller yellow eye kole tang around the same time.

My current livestock
Tailspot Blenny
Solar Fairy Wrasse
Bella Goby
Male Pink Skunk 1"
Female Pink skunk 2"
Flame Hawkfish 2"
Purple Tang 3"

Tank
Marineland 90 gallon

20 Gallon Sump
Filter sock + Chaeto in sump + BRS Dual Reactor running Carbon once a month and gfo all month

I plan on upgrading to a 125 gallon and a 30-40 gallon sump in about 2 years

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not an anthias expert by any means, but in general the more aggressive species of anthias need a lot of space in order to ensure that the male doesn't pester the female to death. I had lyretails in a group of four females and a male that did that, and within a couple of months, all were dead.

A more peaceful group of anthias in a 90 might be better.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back