OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love where this tank is going. Macros are my fav thing ever even tho I don’t have a macro tank currently. Some types can actually be quite picky and hard to keep.

I been thinking about setting up a macro tank as I have a few spare tanks around :)
Thank you! I've got a lot of updates that I haven't posted yet but the tank is doing great! Yeah, it's crazy how different the care requirements can be for different species. Sometimes it can be annoying trying to find the perfect spot in regards to light and water flow for new macros because they don't react as fast as I imagine coral would if they're not happy.

I definitely recommend starting a macro tank! Macros are what got me back into the hobby and I've really really enjoyed the tank.

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made some shirts for Reefapalooza today!

8F50C713-4F9C-4788-8C2E-2EB726433C5A.jpeg

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the newest additions to the tank!

Old pic but I finally got some Padina from Gulf Coast Ecosystems. I’m still pretty new to brown macros so it struggled in the first week and a lot of the “leaves” withered away. But the holdfast lived and I used some eggcrate and suction cups to place it much closer to the light and high water flow. It’s already sprouting new growth! You can also see the Cladophora I got from MosaicMacros on Etsy.

7E66F715-555E-4DE2-ACD6-39BFD6728BDE.png

I was bored at work one day and was looking through Saltwaterfish.com and saw that they had some Blue Haliclona sponges! I’ve been thinking about getting it for a while so I had to grab a piece while it was available. Came in perfectly healthy and the color is incredible! I’ve had it for a couple weeks now and it’s still looking great so far.

9F5AD8BA-54BB-46B4-BC2E-448AC792DCBF.png

Woke up one morning last week to a very cool surprise! I got an email notification that KP Aquatics had some Acetabularia (aka Mermaid’s Cup or Mermaid’s Wine Glass) in stock. I’ve been looking for this macro for about a year now and I got really lucky because by the time I could place an order there was only one left!

D2F88973-6022-4433-80A9-CA909FC29F2B.jpeg

Last quick update. A month or two ago I bought some “plating red coralline” from someone on ebay, which I suspect to actually be Peyssonnelia. At first I was a little skeptical because what I received was just a small piece of rock encrusted with a hard red algae and no plates growing out. But, this past month I’ve upped my calcium dosing and coralline has been really taking off and growing like crazy! So just a couple weeks ago I checked the rock and it started sprouting plates! Can’t wait to see it grow out more and onto the main rock work. Here’s one pic where you can see it on the bottom towards the left and a blurry close up pic.

632C19B0-B284-41C4-BE9F-1A2041CD5FA6.png

9A940A20-6920-406E-B969-7164597A10AE.jpeg

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! It's been a very busy winter for me so I haven't been on here at all. But now that it's spring I'm already working on upgrades and new additions to the tank! So later this weekend I'll have plenty of updates, some good some bad. But I'm feeling really motivated to make this tank batter than ever, find new macros, and possibly start another tank down the road. I will also get back to selling some macros that have grown out a lot. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back