90 gallon mixed reef

Pro2704

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, first time posting.

I'm sure it's been covered before but, I have a question.
Like the title say's, I have 90-gallon mixed reef tank. It has roughly 100lbs of live rock. I have a large center structure built up with several small islands around it (for the more quicker spreading corals) I have a tiger pistol and a YWM Goby in the tank already. They roomed up right away over to the far right of the tank, but now they really don't seem to care about each other at all. The Goby is either out swimming all over or sitting on the sand bed nowhere near the shrimp. My question is, can I add another pistol shrimp and a Yasha Goby to the tank? I would introduce them at night on the other side of the tank.
Sorry, this seemed to turn into such a run-on post lol

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, first time posting.

I'm sure it's been covered before but, I have a question.
Like the title say's, I have 90-gallon mixed reef tank. It has roughly 100lbs of live rock. I have a large center structure built up with several small islands around it (for the more quicker spreading corals) I have a tiger pistol and a YWM Goby in the tank already. They roomed up right away over to the far right of the tank, but now they really don't seem to care about each other at all. The Goby is either out swimming all over or sitting on the sand bed nowhere near the shrimp. My question is, can I add another pistol shrimp and a Yasha Goby to the tank? I would introduce them at night on the other side of the tank.
Sorry, this seemed to turn into such a run-on post lol
Hey, Welcome to Reef2Reef! What other livestock do you have in your tank?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Pro2704

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Welcome to Reef2Reef! What other livestock do you have in your tank?
Thanks
Sorry about that, livestock is YWM Goby, pistol shrimp, Royal Gramma, 4 Banggai Cardinal, 2 Green Chromis, skunk cleaner, Six Line Wrasse (a perfect gentleman), a small long spine urchin, and 2 mini maxi anemones. Along with basic CC.

Upvote 0

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I don't know the answer to this question but I'm commenting in the hopes it'll pop back up in the recent and get an answer, unless you made a decision and added another pair. Which if you did I'd be interested to hear about the results.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Pro2704

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I don't know the answer to this question but I'm commenting in the hopes it'll pop back up in the recent and get an answer, unless you made a decision and added another pair. Which if you did I'd be interested to hear about the results.
AS of now I did not add another pistol shrimp. I couldn't find my YWM over a week. Monday, I added a Yasha Goby, and it moved right into the rock the shrimp is under. Of course, yesterday I'm doing some sump maintenance and find the watchman hiding under a heater. Since the Yasha isn't even half the size of the YWM, I'm leaving the YWM down in the sump for now.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back