9004 DC & Safety Connector

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the 9004 DC skimmer compatible with a Tunze Safety connector so I can link the 9004 DC to a battery backup?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, I generally wouldn't worry about backing up a skimmer, typically you just want to keep some flow going, it would probably help, but realistically backups can only do so much and the limited power is likely best directed to keeping flow going.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome news. I agree and have been using the Safety connectors for years with my pumps and they are just brilliant. I am considering downsizing to a nano and will have a spare battery even after connecting the Tunze wavemaker to the other battery so am considering using it for the skimmer. Tunze is years ahead of its competition with these safety connectors. I cannot tell you how many times this has saved my aquarium when the power cuts out. :)

I do have a problem using them with my Apex controller so not sure if you have any advice on this issue -

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, with a zero volt signal from the controller, the pump is basically instructed to be off, I don't really know of a way around this.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, with a zero volt signal from the controller, the pump is basically instructed to be off, I don't really know of a way around this.
Many thanks for your reply. I will take them off the Apex as that is a bit of a problem on the Apex side!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back