90g Aqueon Reef-Ready Plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishcrunch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishcrunch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
78654
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I decided to get back into the hobby after a 6-7 year hiatus. I'm starting off with a 90g Aqueon Reef-Ready tank from the local LFS, which is pre-drilled with a 1" and 3/4" hole inside the internal overflow. It seems like the consensus is to utilize a herbie drain, and plumb the return overtop of the tank. Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve that for the return if you have a screen lid? I'd like to make sure that the lid is as tight as possible without risking the loss of any future fish (i.e., wrasse). Could I possibly terminate the return-line directly above the screen?
 
If it's a diy screen lid, you can make a U section for whatever returns you desire with 4 L brackets without leaving much if any gap for jumpers
 
Upvote 0
That's good to know. I had it in my mind for some reason that using L-brackets to notch out would result in half-inch (or more) gaps. I got used to reading horror stories of fish somehow escaping through gaps in screens left for cords or pipes.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new