93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd Creality Ender 3 is in, built and printing! Amazing how quickly you can get these things printing on the third build.

Glad to be rid of the bad one.

3rd printer (free one) will be shipped next week.

Gonna try to get the first print started in under 30 minutes on that one. ;)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so tempted to get a printer! ;)

I have to admit, in the beginning, there is some frustration but, it's a blast once you get the hang of it.

I didn't have a mentor when I first started. If you get one you will have one.:)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so tempted to get a printer! ;)

Do it!

giphy (1).gif

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished wiring up and programming the kessil controller. Works well. Turns out Dollar Tree audio cables work just fine. No need to order the kessil specific ones.

:)

Sherry likes to use the magnet cleaner!

I will post pics when she is done. I have a little spot of cyano which will blow up to be a bunch but, it's part of it. This too shall pass. ;)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished wiring up and programming the kessil controller. Works well. Turns out Dollar Tree audio cables work just fine. No need to order the kessil specific ones.

:)

Sherry likes to use the magnet cleaner!

I will post pics when she is done. I have a little spot of cyano which will blow up to be a bunch but, it's part of it. This too shall pass. ;)
I had some uglies pop up this week too. Funny thing is I stopped the LRS this past week to try and slow the bubble algae and Cyanobacteria popped right up. Cannot win sometimes.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love it when natures says "Nah, we aren't ready for your tank to be pretty yet!" LOL!

These are the cables you are supposed to use with your Kessils to chain them together:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/unit-link-cable-kessil.html

And I used the ones for a $1. Hmmmm... I wonder if my lights will work noticeably better spending 2000% more? :confused:;Hilarious

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good.

Yeah I never understood why manufacturers try and rename things like audio and usb cables to some new fancy-shmancy name and try and mark them up that way. It's almost insulting.

I am glad you verified before I did something wrong.

I wasn't sure if it was a crossover type cable or something.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good.

Yeah I never understood why manufacturers try and rename things like audio and usb cables to some new fancy-shmancy name and try and mark them up that way. It's almost insulting.

I agree although I'll go as far to say that it is insulting. The manufacturers do it for one reason and one reason only; greed. They prey on those that do not know any better. It's simply predatory.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, evidently, I did something wrong when programming the spectral controller. The lights went off already. :confused:

There are a lot of people that can help you with lighting control issues. ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, evidently, I did something wrong when programming the spectral controller. The lights went off already. :confused:

Man Card officially revoked!

I think you did the same thing I did at first. Somewhere around 10-15% intensity is off. The first time slot has to be 0% and the last time slot has to be 0%. The last time slot lets the light turn off, the first time slot is where your ramp up starts.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • Full frame

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back