93 gallon cube stocking

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I’m was planning on setting up a 120-gallon reef tank next year, but I might not be able to fit that due to some design changes in our future house. So I might have to get a 93-gallon cube tank (it might change as well) I know there is still a long time but I want to do my proper research before getting them. I was thinking about having these fish and invert.
Fish:
2 Clownfish (most probably Ocellaris Clownfish)
2 Banggai Cardinal
1 Tomini Tang
1 Purple/Yellow Tang
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Wrasse
1 McCosker‘s Flasher Wrasse (male)
1 Pink/Purple Firefish
1 Randall’s Prawn Goby
Invert:
1 Blue Tuxedo Urchin
1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp
1 Randall’s Pistol Shrimp
10 Nassarius Snails
5 Cerith Snails
15 Trochus Snails

Can someone please tell me if this stocking will be ok or do I have to take out our add anything else? Any answer would be of great help.

THIS STOCKING IS STILL NOT FINALISED AND IT WILL CHANGE. THE TANK SIZE MIGHT CHANGE AS WELL.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a cube, you might find that the tangs quickly outgrow it and don’t have as much room as they’ll need - so I’d probably drop at least one (or both) tangs from your list (unless you’re planning for a larger, longer tank). Other than the Royal Gramma probably taking off to hide in the rocks for days or weeks on end, the list looks pretty good.

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a cube, you might find that the tangs quickly outgrow it and don’t have as much room as they’ll need - so I’d probably drop at least one (or both) tangs from your list (unless you’re planning for a larger, longer tank). Other than the Royal Gramma probably taking off to hide in the rocks for days or weeks on end, the list looks pretty good.
Yeah. I will keep the tomini tang and once the purple tang grows bigger I will either trade it out for a smaller one or trade it with my cousin (he has a Red Sea 750 XXL, so there is plenty of space in the tang) for some corals.

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I will keep the tomini tang and once the purple tang grows bigger I will either trade it out for a smaller one or trade it with my cousin (he has a Red Sea 750 XXL, so there is plenty of space in the tang) for some corals.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back