A Cascade of screw ups

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair warning just mainly venting but its been a crappy couple days for me and my tank.

Spent some time down in orlando and saw the awesome wwc and tsa tanks, loved seeign LIving reef orlandos farm and just really got that wild itch again to get my tank back tip top and fill it with morer outrageous corals.
get back im all in getting my skimmer tuned that ive never really been able to do it right, feeding fish mopre frozen instead of just the ******* pellets, actually getting strong enough lights for the tank. So new radiosn, ***** new chalices, tons more attention.

tryna get my nuuts straight and all that noticed with the new feeding program im spiking nitrates, so 5g water changes daily while also slowly raising salinitiy cause my hanna probe (with fresh calibration) was reading 30ppt. i finally get it to 34,5ppt and it just feels like alot of ******* salt in my bucket. Grab the old refractometer and 1.040 fuuuck. borrowed some calibration fluid and adjusted it and its closer to 1.031 but still dang.

yesterday during the last water change my son soaked my heater plug ins, so had to get those dry and yada yada at some point the probe for the brain came out the water so brought my tank to a high of 90 today at 1020 and thankfully started to taper off but by time i cought at 2100 it was still 85,5 and the closest thing to an icepack i have in house is a ******* frozen hurricane bottle. Tryiung to laugh at it but man with the rest of lifes bs these last week and especially today the reef is supposed to help calm not add more ******* stress.

OP
OP
Rijodan

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic

Attachments

• 20220531_211948.jpg
    20220531_211948.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 34

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stress is what makes it fun - my 55g tank started leaking so mdw I had to break it down and setup a new tank in its place.

you forget how much water it is until you have to move all of it at once.

hopefully the salinity and heat spike dont effect anything on you!

OP
OP
Rijodan

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far just the dullest of my trachys have lost flesh. around 30%. but we will see. overcoming the challenges is rewarding but in the challenge is not so much

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back