A centre piece of centre pieces.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess many will have a centre piece coral or other inntheir tank, one that draws the eye directly to it. I never set out to have a centre piece as such in my tank but when I put a H.magnifica I certainly inadvertently created one.

My mag stands out much more than my RBTA close by which is no surprise. The magnifica nem certainly warrants the name magnificent. Mine is now around 15" in diameter and growing by the day.

Once in the new nem my common clowns left their RBTA and set up home in the mag and never went back. Of course the mag is the natural home for the common clown not the RBTA so it is no real surprise there.

I placed my mag on a thick branching dead coral piece that I originally intended to use as a platform for SPS frags but that went out the window with the purchase of the mag. Since introduction my nem has gone from strength to strength and grown half the size again since it's purchase.

I certainly got a good one and just had to buy it when I saw it in one of my LFSs. It looked darker in their holding tank and has since become lighter but still a lovely colour, my photos don't do it justice.

When people come into the living room it's the nem with resident clowns they are immediately drawn to. Yes it's my centre piece and what a magnificent animal it is.

20221016_204052.jpg

20221016_203818.jpg

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, my previous mag grew to 30” across ! New one is probably 14” already, hopefully stays where it at!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope mine is a Choats Leopard Wrasse in the future - I have one in the plan of my 3’ tank as you just don’t see enough orange in corals (specifically SPS). Currently it’s definitely my trio of Pseudocheilinops ataenia though. I think that’s what makes my tank known when people see it. I’ll almost always have Atleast one of the three on show if you look close enough. Sometimes I get all three showing and it’s amazing, the best photo I have of all three though is this. They’ve coloured up since this photo for sure, they now have extremely bold patterns but I don’t think they’ve grown much at all.
DBE2B709-7F43-4E91-8A42-74BFEFB57F1B.jpeg

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and beautiful Mag!! What lights are you using BTW? Two of my kessils just gave out this weekend and now I’m just using my T5’s for now. I just ordered some new lights (two 21LED Reef Pro Light bars), but Mags need such high PAR I think I may need to add some supplemental lighting…

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and beautiful Mag!! What lights are you using BTW? Two of my kessils just gave out this weekend and now I’m just using my T5’s for now. I just ordered some new lights (two 21LED Reef Pro Light bars), but Mags need such high PAR I think I may need to add some supplemental lighting…
I have 2 x Orphek icons. 3 x light bars 2 blue plus and a day plus. However I also have 2 LED spot lights a full spectrum and a daylight shining directly down on it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back