A couple "deep water" Acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter Myka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2015
Messages
1,041
Reaction score
674
Location
SK, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best ID for this one is maaaybe Acropora speciosa? The growth is much thicker than say A. carduus:
30733737172_f3465ca9b9_c.jpg




Another guess, but I'm more confident with this one being Acropora derawanensis or possibly A. elegans. Very horizontal growth pattern, extremely easy to break, and very fine tips:
30733735642_9c94b40aa4_c.jpg
 
The first one is a Echinata Acro and the second most likely is the same. Looks like a Hurlock.
 
The first one is a Echinata Acro and the second most likely is the same. Looks like a Hurlock.

Thanks for your input!

I was originally thinking echinata for the first one, but decided against it because it's not forming a "bottle brush" growth pattern like I've had with other echinatas over the years.

The second one may have coloring similar to the Hurlock, but the growth is totally different. The Hurlock growth is closer to the first one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new