A day in the life of WWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After finishing the live sale last night and admiring all the amazing corals on the site I spent about an hour testing my levels, cleaning the tank, adjusting my dosing pump, etc and I started to wonder what it takes to maintain a place like WWC. How do you all maintain your water such as water changes, dosing, feeding, filtering, testing and so forth? What's your routine and how do you keep up with it all? I would imagine all those corals have a high alk and calcium demand, I don't know how you would do it on that large of a scale. I mean you don't have to tell us what's in your secret sauce but it'd be interesting to learn what happens behind the scenes.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they have many videos on youtube on WWC. I know they use Reef octopus skimmers, ecotech lighting and flow.. Keeping SPS is like art so no matter how much information you get its always a skill in this that we all try to find in our own tanks.. The challenge keeps me interested but I must admit pull out some of my hair at times.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous posts pretty much said it all. One thing we have learned is to keep things as simple as possible. We combine our tanks into just a few systems and keep the chemistry and equipment simple.

We do water changes weekly, run bare bottom systems, and feed heavy. We use Salifert test kits to test weekly.

Next year we plan to make a big push to do more videos and expand our YouTube channel. So you will see more videos of our facilities and practices soon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back