Losing 1 DKH /day in Nano Tank

titlefight13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this is the correct sub, but as title states. I’m losing 1dkh/day weekly water changes won’t keep up, it makes sense why I’m losing that much due to the various lps I have, and coraline that’s starting to accumulate.

I’m trying to maintain 8.5 dKH in the future as I’m adding a pretty pricey coral, mind you everything has been doing OKAY neglecting how much I’ve been testing alk, I can’t imagine how much it’s been losing per week, what should I dose (product) to maintain my desired goal? And also any single dosing pumps that’ll do the job? Thanks in advance.

I tested 7.7 dKH before manually dosing Seachem Carbonate Liq to get @ 8.6 dKH as of now..
apparently I have to dose 3ml of that stuff throughout 24 hrs to keep up as 3ml raises dKH by 1.

Is there a better product I should use?
I would only need to dose Alk. My cal and mag is pretty steady and are in check.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many different products that work perfectly well. I discuss many of them here. In general, I recommend a method that adds calcium and alkalinity tied together in some fashion.

Do you mean Seachem Reef Carbonate? It's OK, but not better than a DIY. A DIY is cheaper and has a purity assurance the Seachem product lacks.

OP
OP
titlefight13

titlefight13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many different products that work perfectly well. I discuss many of them here. In general, I recommend a method that adds calcium and alkalinity tied together in some fashion.

Do you mean Seachem Reef Carbonate? It's OK, but not better than a DIY. A DIY is cheaper and has a purity assurance the Seachem product lacks.

Yes! I did mean that! And thank you kind sir for the reply.
Is there a product recommendation that you’d trust as in the two part system?
I bought a Kamoer F1 doser last night. Will that be sufficient as I think it’s a single channel.

My calcium is around 500 and mag 1500. I really don’t want to dose those just yet. Nothing is really taking those up for some reason, they maintain pretty stable.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back