OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Bump

Good video to watch, thank you Matt
Thanks! You're most welcome. Sorta a ramble, as I don't script anything, but just sharing some of my opinions, for what they are worth. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Agree 100% over here with my sub 1gallon water changes on my tiny tank haha also agree on the animal husbandry for sure- i’ve only been reefing under a year, but love my little critters and spending countless hours reading all about them & keeping them happy & healthy :) one of my favorite things about the hobby (besides the fact that I can participate in my PJs without leaving the house lol) is how we can still find new hitchhikers and microfauna in the tank at any time :star-struck:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Matt!

First of all; your tank looks amazing! Well done, it's been hard work!

You have a lot of valid thoughts and I agree with most of them :) We all have our own style and there's no right or wrong answers. We need to be tolerant towards other reefers and understand exactly that! There's nothing wrong with healthy debate and discussion.

As for the social aspect you're talking about, luckily we have a good community here in the UK where people love to share their experience and their tanks. Sadly though, there's not a local reef club in my area (Glasgow, Scotland) - at least not one that I know off.

Anyhow, thanks for the video! Keep it up- you're making great content! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Cheers!

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks Matt for the video. I’ve watched your videos before when I was getting back into the hobby, very informative. Your tanks are beautiful. Raised in northeastern Ohio but born in Grand Rapids. Two weeks ago my wife and I were up on Gun Lake for a family wedding. Beautiful area.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Matt!

First of all; your tank looks amazing! Well done, it's been hard work!

You have a lot of valid thoughts and I agree with most of them :) We all have our own style and there's no right or wrong answers. We need to be tolerant towards other reefers and understand exactly that! There's nothing wrong with healthy debate and discussion.

As for the social aspect you're talking about, luckily we have a good community here in the UK where people love to share their experience and their tanks. Sadly though, there's not a local reef club in my area (Glasgow, Scotland) - at least not one that I know off.

Anyhow, thanks for the video! Keep it up- you're making great content! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Cheers!

Thanks Matt for the video. I’ve watched your videos before when I was getting back into the hobby, very informative. Your tanks are beautiful. Raised in northeastern Ohio but born in Grand Rapids. Two weeks ago my wife and I were up on Gun Lake for a family wedding. Beautiful area.
Thank you! I'm really just trying to be helpful, and I usually try to keep my opinions out of the videos. My thought is that people want to see the coral and fish, and I am not an expert or scientist whose opinion should really matter. However, certain topics come up, and I like to discuss them with you.

I will continue to strive for an unbiased approach, and will never sell out my beliefs for views or money. Take care, and Happy Reefing!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back