OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you guys are staying safe during this time!

I've rescape my tank recently to become a long wall stretching the length of my tank. The reason for this was because I felt like the Xmas worm were taking up too much space, I kept 2 colonies and tried to incorporated them into the rock wall to make it look natural. Another reason was because I could now add more Sea Fan on this wall!

Most of the Sea Fans are still open most of the day, the only casualty was the Blueberry gorg (As expected). I will be giving this a couple more try before throwing in the towel. I have a few choice spot with an abundance of flow, just need to find healthy colonies with polyps that still have their tentacles.

FTS

evdM3E4h.jpg

Right Side

k3UgiqEh.jpg

Left Side

c7qooG4h.jpg

The biggest Sea Fan in my tank!

4uRFK5Uh.jpg

A few random Gorg / Seafan shot

PccChknh.jpg

D56eFj0h.jpg

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if some of the deep water NPS actually don't like light so will end up dying from it if not acclimated to it.
I actually think there are a few that you cannot keep in much light at all.

Also how many fish are in there because I don't see any?

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! The tank is stunning. How would you compare the reef nutrition foods to live foods? For example, do you think that roti feast or live rotifers are better for a tank? Tigger feast or live tigger pods?

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of your sea fans or gorg's spawned? Just curious as I have had my noduliphera gorgs spawn a couple of times. I have a few polyps that are surviving but not a lot. I will give your food recipe a try. Up till now I have just been use Benereef and Reef chili along with some phyto. I absolutely love your reef! My goal is a slice of an Indoneasian(sp.) reef with all it's attendant sponge, polyp, algae, etc.. I am an acro addict as well so guess i'm doomed to the difficult side of this hobby. Well done!

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cube next to my display that I am going to make into a cuke/featherduster/etc tank, filtered by my water changes from the main tank- and you are giving me some great ideas!

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if some of the deep water NPS actually don't like light so will end up dying from it if not acclimated to it.

I'm not sure on this, I keep the tank on Blue only now for the Porites (Xmas Worm). I haven't seen anything bad with it!

I actually think there are a few that you cannot keep in much light at all.

Also how many fish are in there because I don't see any?

I have about 10-15 Gobies in there, 1 pipefish, and 1 Candy Basslet! I hope to repopulate this tank once everything gets back to normal

Wow! The tank is stunning. How would you compare the reef nutrition foods to live foods? For example, do you think that roti feast or live rotifers are better for a tank? Tigger feast or live tigger pods?

If you are able to produce live rotifer / Tigger pods daily for the tank then I think it might be alot better than using concentrated dead ones. Reef Nutrition stuff is super dense and I can't imagine being to produce that much Rotifer / Tigger Pods on a daily basis for the tank.

Have any of your sea fans or gorg's spawned? Just curious as I have had my noduliphera gorgs spawn a couple of times. I have a few polyps that are surviving but not a lot. I will give your food recipe a try. Up till now I have just been use Benereef and Reef chili along with some phyto. I absolutely love your reef! My goal is a slice of an Indoneasian(sp.) reef with all it's attendant sponge, polyp, algae, etc.. I am an acro addict as well so guess i'm doomed to the difficult side of this hobby. Well done!

I have not noticed any spawning event taking place nor have I see any small stuff growing unfortunately. I hope you luck with using Reef Nutrition! You just have to determine how much you need to flood the water column with to ensure all polyps on the gorg will get some morsel of food.

Every generation needs a great NPS tank- looks like you are it now!

Thank you! I'm curious to see how it turn out for your filter tank. Sponge Power is a very good product to look into to make your sponge really grow!

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to scored some really interesting Seafan / gorgonian this past week, here's hoping I can meet their needs!

FTS

5CtcWnuh.jpg

I currently have 2 BBS Hatchery running so that I am able to get 2 batch to feed the tank everyday. I'm also experimenting with growing out Tigger Pods in a 30G vat outside, I'm hoping to get enough to feed live Tigger Pods to the tank 2-3 times a week. Hopefully some live food will help keep the NPS alive!

First up is a favorite Gorgonian of mine

Paramuricea Clavata

kvxN7LPh.jpg

8u8Pg4oh.jpg

Menella Sp. (Yellow Polyp)

RutKi2Jh.jpg

Unknown (ID?)

UUyZknih.jpg

IkyRQPth.jpg

Menella SP? (Magenta Polyp)

RxI5xwdh.jpg

Another Menella I believe (Deep Purple Polyp)

BubFXHBh.jpg

Unknown

2XqWxHch.jpg

Another Unknown

63etfH5h.jpg
THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!
question: are most of youre fish gobies!? that seems like it would make for a supper intresting little community to live amoungst your nps!

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little update on my tank!

Everything is still growing well and open majority of the time! I have had the Blueberry gorg died on me (as expected), then another African Gorg died on me with no clear reasoning. But all the other Sea Fan are growing just fine!

One issue I'm currently dealing with is an explosion in Aptasia due to all the feeding. I have added over 30 large Berghia Nudibranch so it's just a patience game now! I do scrape any that grows on the glass and algae, hopefully it'll just be gone one day

This is my most healthy Carnation to date! It must be in the right flow area because it is always open atleast 18 hours a day!

8dJY5UIh.jpg

You can see the dying one on the lower left. But everything else seem happy!

9lPowomh.jpg

Another side of the tank

Ra8VLN9h.jpg

I love how this thing grow tall like this

YfdPop4h.jpg

Yellow Polyp Menella! I need a bigger colony of this

rrcIB28h.jpg

Swiftia Exsertia

nU08DoGh.jpg

My newest Xmas Worm. This rock have the most beautiful cluster of worm I've ever seen

prMsQFkh.jpg

That's it for now! I will try to get another video one of these days.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little update on my tank!

Everything is still growing well and open majority of the time! I have had the Blueberry gorg died on me (as expected), then another African Gorg died on me with no clear reasoning. But all the other Sea Fan are growing just fine!

One issue I'm currently dealing with is an explosion in Aptasia due to all the feeding. I have added over 30 large Berghia Nudibranch so it's just a patience game now! I do scrape any that grows on the glass and algae, hopefully it'll just be gone one day

This is my most healthy Carnation to date! It must be in the right flow area because it is always open atleast 18 hours a day!

8dJY5UIh.jpg

You can see the dying one on the lower left. But everything else seem happy!

9lPowomh.jpg

Another side of the tank

Ra8VLN9h.jpg

I love how this thing grow tall like this

YfdPop4h.jpg

Yellow Polyp Menella! I need a bigger colony of this

rrcIB28h.jpg

Swiftia Exsertia

nU08DoGh.jpg

My newest Xmas Worm. This rock have the most beautiful cluster of worm I've ever seen

prMsQFkh.jpg

That's it for now! I will try to get another video one of these days.
THe last time I saw christmas tree rock for sale like that it was for thousands. See them all the time diving in florida.

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered any of the more delicate anthias - Tuka or Ventralis? I feel like a thriving NPS tank is the perfect environment for them

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, beautiful tank
Are the fans hard to care for? I would love to have some of those in my aquarium

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered any of the more delicate anthias - Tuka or Ventralis? I feel like a thriving NPS tank is the perfect environment for them

I have thought about the Ventralis and I still might get them! I just haven't seen any available for a while now.

Wow, beautiful tank
Are the fans hard to care for? I would love to have some of those in my aquarium

Thank you! These SeaFan are definitely hard to care for because you're require to feed them several times a day just to keep them happy!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back