A Hungry Reef 180G NPS / Algae

Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing.

So this tank didn't crash but I ended up taking it down because I had picked up a different hobby, between that and work I just didn't have time to feed the tank properly anymore.

I hope to come back one day in the future, but I will definitely need to work out an automatic feeding / water change system. But it's good to know that keeping an NPS tank is indeed feasible and it's getting easier with all the equipment / food that are available!
 
So sad to hear but glad to see the chance of your returning is possible. This was a legendary tank!
 
Another note

The berghia nudi definitely worked! Because by the end the population had diminished by about 70-80%!
Sucks to see the tank end but one last thing I would like to learn from it:

In a NPS tank (not necessarily one with macro algae) would you consider placing in Bergia nudibranches early in a tanks lifetime rather than wait until aptasia shows up given the near guarantee of aiptasia in an NPS tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new