A little bit about me :) (And upcoming projects)

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So my name is Northwest Fishkeeping (or NWFK for short) and you might've seen some of my questions or replies, mainly in the fish threads, but I never made an introduction post so here it goes. Between 2016-2018 was when my parents got me a 50 gallon saltwater tank for my birthday, and it was a reef for that time with mostly softies, some candy canes and acans here and there. Summer of 2018 the tank crashed and most of the corals died due to the UV Sterilizer catching on fire and a bunch of ash getting into the water. So 2018 - 2020 it was just a FOWLR with a Carmel Clown, Arc eye Hawk, BG Chromis (the only survivor of the original 5 i had since 2016) and a Valintini Puffer. Early this year I ended up giving the fish to a local lfs as I thought i was going to sell the 50. But I kept it and am currently in the process of getting everything to setup a Mixed Macro tank. I've always been big in Freshwater. Rare fish, biotopes, aquascapes, plants, etc. But I find myself coming back to reefing. And that's when I came here and found this great community.

So anyways, I thought I would list some projects I have coming up:
10g Frag Tank which is actually getting setup today when the egg crate arrives
50g Mixed Macro Tank (Mixed as in I'm throwing in some Softies, LPS, and NPS)
15g Jellyfish tank (Still deciding, although I do like the idea)
And probably the most unique of them all, a 100g+ Flashlight Fish Tank ('+' as in I might go with something bigger, but the 100 is for sure the smallest I'm going with.
I actually was able to contact Jay Hemdal about the idea through here, which was nice since I couldn't find any other way and it seems like my plans will work .

So yeah, that's just a little bit about my past in reef keeping, and where I'm at right now. You might see some build threads come up soon, and happy reefing

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy (1).gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

Back