A little help please

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, Well I'm guilty of over feeding my tank (1000 ltr total ) sorry get confused with us gal and imp gal
Using red sea, my total ammonia is 0.2, tank is just over 4mth stocked with coral and fish, no signs of illness.

Temp 24.4
Ph 8
Salt 1024
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 40

Do I need to take immediate action ( apart from reduce feeding ) ? Or just ride it out
I am planning to do a 10% water change this wk and

Await your advise thankyou

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, Well I'm guilty of over feeding my tank (1000 ltr total ) sorry get confused with us gal and imp gal
Using red sea, my total ammonia is 0.2, tank is just over 4mth stocked with coral and fish, no signs of illness.

Temp 24.4
Ph 8
Salt 1024
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 40

Do I need to take immediate action ( apart from reduce feeding ) ? Or just ride it out

How old is your tank?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Temp 24.4
Ph 8
Salt 1024
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 40

What ammonia test kit are you using? If API, i'd say it's a false positive.

The N03, though a little high isn't an issue. I'd let it ride for now.

OP
OP
Twoddler

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 1000 liters is 265 gallons. How much rock do you have in there and what type of filtration? Presume you cycled it?
Hi, yes went through fishless no bb cycle, got some rock from another tank, about 50kg, skimmer, floss, bio blocks also from another tank, everythings been fine just been running a little high on nitrates, no dead fish or inverts that I can see

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes went through fishless no bb cycle, got some rock from another tank, about 50kg, skimmer, floss, bio blocks also from another tank, everythings been fine just been running a little high on nitrates, no dead fish or inverts that I can see
Could be faulty test kit or you really spoil your fish. Lighten the feeding schedule and do a water change. Either a few small ones so you change out 25 gallons or 1 larger one. Retest.

OP
OP
Twoddler

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be faulty test kit or you really spoil your fish. Lighten the feeding schedule and do a water change. Either a few small ones so you change out 25 gallons or 1 larger one. Retest.
Yes I do spoil them, first tank, so still learning, I've had a few issues but with help from members on here have managed to sort.
Another thing that occured to me, I have thin sand bed, today was the first time I cleaned it, my tank is 28 in deep could nt find a gravel cleaner deep enough, but today I got a battery operated one with a filter to catch the crap so cleaned the bed

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back