A little lighting dilema

  • Thread starter Thread starter NHreefguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NHreefguy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2015
Messages
631
Reaction score
475
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon nano occupied by mostly softies but I want to be sps dominant someday. I have a 150 watt mh just curious if it would be better than my Current orbit, and that's 43 watt l.e.d
 
IMO the orbit falls short for SPS tanks...
The MH would work but might be over kill on a 20gallon...
Have you look at any other LED systems?
 
Yes, they're some 120w dimmable cheapies on Amazon for around $100, I'm just a little reluctant
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new