A look back at my Fish collection...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was going through my photobucket account and thought I would share some fishes I've had in the past... well, I like wrasses... :D

01-27-07Lineatus2.jpg

12-20-06Pair.jpg

Hooded.jpg

Lineatus_03-12-07_3.jpg

Laboutei_04-08-07.jpg

LineatusFlashP.jpg

Rhomboidz_04-11-07P.jpg

Big_1.jpg

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly what I want to do in my new tank, try to put as many wrasses as possible, how do u handle the aggresion with the new ones? Thanks.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Marvin! Gotta love wrasses.
fo sho... :D

That's exactly what I want to do in my new tank, try to put as many wrasses as possible, how do u handle the aggresion with the new ones? Thanks.
this is my plan as well... :)

- harem of HI Flame wrasses (1 SuperMale; 4-5 females)
- pair of Rhomboids or just a SuperMale
- pair of Lineatus or just a SuperMale
- Male Cebu Pylei
- Male Hooded
- Male Lanceolatus
- Male Rosefascia

can't think of anything else... but I think that should be good for a 120g w/ a monster skimmer... ;)

as for aggression, the best way to introduce these guys is a few at a time... and use a specimen cup for the first few days... I would also QT the newcomers for at least 2-3 weeks to make sure they are eating well... :)

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so all these were ones you had in the past but no longer have? some really georgeous fish! so did they all pass away or your get rid of them?
i am picking up a pair of lineatus on friday and am really excited, i hope they do well. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so all these were ones you had in the past but no longer have? some really georgeous fish! so did they all pass away or your get rid of them?
i am picking up a pair of lineatus on friday and am really excited, i hope they do well. :)
wow Amanda... congrats on the new acquisitions... :)

yeah, these are wrasses I've had... I found new homes for them when I moved and/or downgraded the past 2-3 years... all I have now is a pair of HI Flame wrasse, which are also going to a new home, hopefully this summer when my bro comes back from the Philippines... hopefully he sets up a 120g + tank for them... :)

MarineManiac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice, wrasses have to be my favorite type of fish. so active and so beautiful

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh good i was afraid all of them had died. whew. thats great you found them good homes.
your tank is so georgeous and everything always looks sooooo nice. i could only imagine if you had a big tank! that would be insane :)

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love wrasses too!! I really want a pair of Rhomboid. Anyone know where i can find a male and female??

bheld1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically the best of the best wrasses. The hooded wrasse has always been a favorite of mine. Great collection Marvin

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're buying online, I would watch for Diver's Den to come up with a Rhomboid male. They usually seem to last a couple of days on there. For the female, I'd just buy from a site, like Blue Zoo, that sells females.

Marvin, is the very last picture the lanceolatus? It's gorgeous and I don't think I've seen one like it yet.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish Marvin!
I have some wrasses in my 1st QT, once they switch to the holdover tank I'm going to try and get some pictures.
I can't wait to see if the lineatus' grow into the supermale colors - that is a nice first shot of him you have.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the kudos... ever since I explored into this genre, I never looked back... every tank I had since 2005 had a fairy in it... I can never go without them in my tank... one day I'll have a fairy wrasse dominated reef tank... :D

I love wrasses too!! I really want a pair of Rhomboid. Anyone know where i can find a male and female??
try your LFS... there has been a few LFS in the area that are able to acquire these recently... they do go in spurts so right now might be a good time... sometimes, they are so hard to come by, sometimes, I see them get ordered by LFS and are readily available... same with Lineatus... I've seen a few at LFS and they are really nice size... :)

Marvin, is the very last picture the lanceolatus? It's gorgeous and I don't think I've seen one like it yet.
sorry, I just included the Red Sea 8 Line Flasher wrasse in the mix... it's a flasher wrasse but really resembles fairy wrasses... it's the largest flasher out there and the one that I had was close to 4"... the only person I know that has the Lanceolatus is kigs... check out his tank thread for pics... :)

I can't wait to see if the lineatus' grow into the supermale colors - that is a nice first shot of him you have.
good luck with your Lineatus... I have a buddy that has 2 in his 180g... he's got one of the best Males I've seen in person, aside from the one I had years ago... I know he bought two young males before and the one just turned really nice, on his way to becoming a SuperMale... the other is still a young male... I wonder if someday it'll revert back to a female...

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can check coral corral. they are my local lfs, where i get everything. they are good about getting rarer fish that are nice and healthy. you can call them at 1-866-773-6561 youd want to talk to pierre or craig.. im sure they would be able to help you out they are very nice to deal with.
im getting a pair of lineatus from them this coming friday. yipee! :)

Last edited:

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always love looking at your pics marvin..and i share the same addiction as you i love wrasses both reef safe and non reef safe ones...my new tank is almost there i got most every thing i need just looking for the new lighting for this monster tank and trying to get the fish list down and i will be starting it up..anyways can't wait to see you new tank..and i think that fish list is nice..but you need some sweet flashers as well!!!!!!

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male Cebu Pylei

I saw one of these when I picked up my pair of Rhomboids.....It was bought before they could even unpack it. I saw a guy pick four of the 8 specialty wrasse on site. He also bought a Aussie Scotts SM.....One of the nicest fish I ever saw hands down!! Looked much different than the traditional scotts I see...No spot, just insane flourescent colors.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Scotts are nice, but they are not one I would add with the other more peaceful ones like Rhomboids or Pyleis as they are known to have an attitude!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Scotts are nice, but they are not one I would add with the other more peaceful ones like Rhomboids or Pyleis as they are known to have an attitude!
true... and they lose their vibrant coloration in captivity... unless you have a harem... forget that... they'll probably beat up on the rest of the fairies...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back