OP
OP
SPotter

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on this build? still happening?

Still happening......we ran into several delays on the completion of our home but we finally closed 2 weeks ago and we are almost done unpacking.

Here's whats gone on that is tank related since my last post....

TANK..... I decided on acrylic and placed my order with James at Envision Acrylics. The tank will be 96x36x24, external overflows, solid black back and bottom and drilled for closed loop. Tank should ship out to me on the May 2nd.

CLOSED LOOP PUMPS..... I was going to use the dc12000 pumps for my closed loop with the flowwolfs but after seeing a few threads of where the threaded portions of the pumps have been snapping I got nervous and decided to sell them. I will now be using 2 Dolphin Diamond Amp Master 4750's for the closed loop

I need to start building the stand and have that ready for when the tank arrives and then I need to start building the fish room in my garage. I will be away for a couple of weeks in June so I probably wont have this filled and running until late june or early july at this point.

Here's a picture of the tank I got from James last week. I hope to have more this week before it ships.

avava3uh.jpg

Last edited:

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrads and James does a great job on tank building. Lucky to have him so close to me

OP
OP
SPotter

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Painting is done.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400415852.682535.jpg

Tank is one town away and should be delivered by Wednesday.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400415899.165801.jpg

I ordered some strut channels so I can mount the mh's from the ceiling. I'll be able to move them front to back and left to right. I will also be able to adjust the height of each pendant separately from each other.

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand looks good. I also like the strut idea. Being able to move lights makes tank maintenance much easier.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back