A New Salwater-er!

duncangweller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am new to SW fish keeping having kept a whole load of Freshy tanks over the years and thought now was the time to bite the bullet and come play with the big dogs! So, with a shed load of reading and watching in on various forums, today I picked up a 70 gallon tank, have just bought 60lbs of dry eco-rock from bulk reef supply along with a Koralia Evolution powerhead and a tote box in which to 'cure' my rock (I will be picking up a heater and some salt on the morrow).

I'll give that 4 weeks or so to do its business and then will get in in the tank and let the tank cycle (with the token prawn on a stick) and go from there. I'm pretty excited to get going and will be visiting everyday to see what else i can learn.

So thanks already for all the info (even though you have done it sub-consciously up until now) and I'll keep you posted as to how I get on,

Ta Ra for now,

Duncan

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Duncan!! Welcome to R2R and the hobby!! Lookin' forward to seeing how your tank comes along. The waiting is the hardest part!! :xd: See ya around!

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey duncan, welcome to R2R. Hope you enjoy your stay. Looking forward to seeing some pics

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum Duncan! We're glad to have subconsciously helped you up to this point. It sounds like you have a good game plan. I would highly reccomend gdtting a RO/DI unit if you havent already. Do you know what type of corals you will be wanting to keep?

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Duncan and welcome to r2r :welcome: and to the hobby. Look foward to following along with your progress and would love to see a build thread on your tank. Are you going to be setting this up with a sump? If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them on the forums, we love to help.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Duncan, best of luck on setting up your new tank, looking forward to seeing it.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 75.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 11 9.5%
Back