A nice Reefing YouTube Channel for DIYers

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with this channel, nor do I know it’s owner or have anything to benefit from sharing this, but I found a YouTube channel that has some really good information for people who like DIY Reefing projects. It seems to be a hidden gem with very few followers which is surprising because the videos are quite good and the advice I’ve seen to date seem quite helpful.

Check it out yourself if you like projects! He’s got fish room build tips, acrylic projects, DIY lights all sorts of cool stuff on there for inspiration.

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Side rant: I tried sharing this on a social media venue and the post wasn’t approved… I hate that this hobby has become all about money and blocking competition. People should be allowed to share beneficial information freely that can benefit all reefers! So annoying…

I’m not sure how more successful reef keepers can be considered bad for anyone.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, besides the fact the opening video shows a room. comments from the person in video states 'they are not proud of it' kind of puts you on a back foot to begin with.
I made some marks on wall to show where installation will begin but these are 'rough' calculations?

Yes I'm lost at the moment

Sounds like an electrician trying to be a plumber and painter and all in one guy.

It don't work, you are JACK OF ALL TRADES BUT MASTER OF NONE .

So lost in this video ..

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm, besides the fact the opening video shows a room. comments from the person in video states 'they are not proud of it' kind of puts you on a back foot to begin with.
I made some marks on wall to show where installation will begin but these are 'rough' calculations?

Sounds like an electrician trying to be a plumber and painter and all in one guy.

So lost in this video ..
Interesting take, I actually thought his work turned out nice in the end but this is his first video, perhaps you have to get later in the series to see what I’m talking about. There’s some worthy content on the channel that’s helped me design my own fish room that I’m doing myself.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with this channel, nor do I know it’s owner or have anything to benefit from sharing this, but I found a YouTube channel that has some really good information for people who like DIY Reefing projects. It seems to be a hidden gem with very few followers which is surprising because the videos are quite good and the advice I’ve seen to date seem quite helpful.

Check it out yourself if you like projects! He’s got fish room build tips, acrylic projects, DIY lights all sorts of cool stuff on there for inspiration.

I'm really sorry but what is this? Besides a clueless DIY thing... That is like bodget it and scarper? I guess it was entertaining enough for me to watch (avoid)

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting take, I actually thought his work turned out nice in the end but this is his first video, perhaps you have to get later in the series to see what I’m talking about. There’s some worthy content on the channel that’s helped me design my own fish room that I’m doing myself.
Yes, I understand my friend but honestly, where do you relate this to an aquarium
I wish you best success

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I understand my friend but honestly, where do you relate this to an aquarium
I wish you best success
If I’m honest, I’m very lost— it’s a mini YouTube series on DIYing an aquarium fish room. Like I said, perhaps I shared the wrong video from the channel to pique your interest. But some of the content I found pretty helpful. Sorry you didn’t find it worthy, I had the opposite reaction and found it worth sharing!

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it looks like Rick is here to review and I'm not going to give those reviews too much weight. I thought the video was good other than he needs to work on some sound leveling. I have already watched 4 videos and subscribed to the channel. Thanks for sharing!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So lost in this video ..
I beg to differ! I’m the master of them all! And I take pride in them all!!:winking-face:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @trevorhiller - as @BamaCoastPyrat did a slight review of Rick’s Reviews, I will add my review of Bama’s review of Rick’s Reviews: Bama’s review is better than Rick’s Reviews review.

You keep doing you and don’t let anyone discourage you from gleaning (and sharing) info you find valuable. At the end of the day, it’s all about us bettering ourselves.

(Except for the guy who posted above me. Lee (@Troylee ) is a master at everything. Just be careful, though, because he likes baiting threads which, I suppose, makes him a master baiter.)) :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Last edited:

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finish the quote. If you leave out half of the quote, the meaning changes.

the full quote is:
“jack of all trades is a master of none, but often better than a master of one”

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @trevorhiller - as @BamaCoastPyrat did a slight review of Rick’s Reviews, I will add my review of Bama’s review of Rick’s Reviews that Bama’s review is better than Rick’s Reviews review.

You keep doing you and don’t let anyone discourage you from gleaning (and sharing) info you find valuable. At the end of the day, it’s all about us bettering ourselves.

(Except for the guy who posted above me. Lee (@Troylee ) is a master at everything. Just be careful, though, because he likes baiting threads which, I suppose, makes him a master baiter.)) :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I’m a journeyman in the ibew electrical union..you don’t see me post that stuff cause it’s boring haha!! Journeyman fabricator, journeyman painter and hold a handful of welding certs.. I’ve been building dreams for over 30 years now:. My last paint job was a Harley for Sema show… but here I am making lids for fish tanks :zany-face:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been building dreams for over 30 years now:.

As Frank so eloquently puts it, “some people get their kicks stomping on a dream. But I don’t let it get me down, cause this fine old world keeps spinnin’ around.”

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally thought that the video was not bad at all. I have not seen any of his others yet, but I’ll probably check them out.

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rick's Reviews DM'ed me and apologized for his reaction to my post.

I believe something was/is wrong, and I'll just leave it at that. It's unfortunate that the thread got started off with a negative reactions, but I'm glad some people found the channel helpful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back