A question for Seachem Nitrate test kit users

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

My question is this, at what elapsed time do you read the results of this test? The instructions state between 5 and 8 minutes. I see a definite darkening of the test from 5 minutes to 8 minutes. To my eyes the difference is at least 1ppm.

Should I shoot for say 6.5 minutes?

Thanks for your input!!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

My question is this, at what elapsed time do you read the results of this test? The instructions state between 5 and 8 minutes. I see a definite darkening of the test from 5 minutes to 8 minutes. To my eyes the difference is at least 1ppm.

Should I shoot for say 6.5 minutes?

Thanks for your input!!
The time difference might be related to temperature. If you live where it is warm 5 minutes might be enough. To be certain, just wait 8 minutes.

Upvote 0

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Dan said, the darker color will be the "correct" one. Once the test color reaction is done, it doesn't get any darker - and is stable. You noticing darkening from 5 to 8 minutes says it wasn't yet finished.
(all this is based on other kits from several brands. I've never actually used seachem NO3)

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back