ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Armor of God

aog.jpg

- One of the most brightly colored Palys, this color strain is recognized by its red/pink/orange oral disc color and white mouth.

This color strain was named by Mr. Ugly :wave: . Who was quoted on www.zoaid.com "Got one polyp of these in a trade. Not quite an Armageddon, but similar color. Looks liike a flaming shield, so I called it Armor of God."

Lighting:
- Palys in general are very adaptive to lighting conditions and will show extreme colors when put in higher lighting. AoG will show best when placed in higher light with the distinctive red changing with the light spectrum.

Flow:
- Palys do best under a medium/high flow situations. A medium/high flow situation is one that will make the tentacles wave in the current, but does not cause the polyp to close.

Feeding:
- Armor of God will accept foods like mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, and even formula one. As with most palys, the meatier the food the more likely it will consume it.

Origins:
-

Rarity:
- Still a very elusive Paly to find, individual frags can demand a pretty good price.

ID Confusions:
-

Other info:
- This color strain was originally named by Mr. Ugly who also supplied the picture on Armor of Gods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to comment on past Club-Zoa Spotlights:

Mean Green

Eagle Eyes

Purple People Eaters

Zoanthid Anatomy

Armageddon

Purple Death

OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin those are great pics! Right in line with the spotlight pic I made. If you don't mind where in your tank were you keeping those palys? High, low, or medium?

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are my goochsters???? : i had been calling them AOG but was corrected, different? hmmm:

the day i got them
amagedon.jpg

3 months later
125sep25aog.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys.. here's a comparison pics of what the Goochsters and True AoG look like after being together on same tank for a month or so...

I'm starting to think that the Goochsters and True AoG came from the same batch..

True AoG
AoG_11-14-06.jpg

Goochsters
Goochsters_11-14-06.jpg

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had gotten what i was told were goochsters and they developed really green skirts

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at a frag swap last month i was told mine are from gooch (i didn't know that when i bought them at a swap last summer) - the first pic is in qt in a nanopod with PC lighting, and the second in the 125 under VHO. i'm a poor photographer but the color in the second shot is pretty acurate.... compare with the green skirt next to them, it is similar to what many call pink asterinas but were wild caught- the goochters are more hot pink and the asterinas baby girl pink with white sparkels (both photograph kinda more purple then they are under my lights)

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so everyone knows. When I got the "goochsters" they came from Marine Specialties International. I purchased them wholesale over four years ago. They were a wild colony. Shortly after getting them I fragged them in I think six pieces and sold five keeping the smallest frag for myself for aquaculture. So it is very possible that more than one of these named polyps that look similar to mine are the same as mine.

It is more likely that they all came from MSI or another LA wholesaler around the same time frame. I did see MSI offer them as well more than once. IMO they are all awesome. I have two huge colonies of them and they just stand out. My existing colonies came from about ten polyps.

FWIW

jabol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AoG

When I got them - March/April 2006:
armorofgodbp5.jpg

and a picture from July/August:
armornowzp1.jpg

:blob4:

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragglereef got his from one of my old customers(I shipped them for her). Unless he has more than one morph of this color. Which is very possible. I rarely browse websites anymore.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragglereef got his from one of my old customers(I shipped them for her). Unless he has more than one morph of this color. Which is very possible. I rarely browse websites anymore.

nice to have you here gooch..

I really believe that the goochsters and true AoG are from the same batch... my frags are starting to look very similar under the same tank conditions...

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh Marv, I should have gotten some Goochsters from you to grow out. Now I'm curious :)

Here's a couple pics of mine.

Here's AoG with colors fully developed. 14k Hamilton
t-AoGDSCN1354.jpg

Here's AoG that's a bit blotchy due to growing in a shaded spot. 20k XM
DSCN14702.jpg

AoG originally came from a Bay Area wholesaler about 3-4 years ago. I got mine from a retailer that does business with that company.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back