Here is my little island of Yumas..

P1010273.jpg

Now that is a nice little island of happiness:sunny:

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here isproof that rics dont need "dirty" water to thrive in.... sps dominated LNS.

Unless your definition of thrive means that they actually grow and reproduce........LOL

ricc2.jpg

ricc1.jpg

yumas-1.jpg

pyuma.jpg

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to try this.

:feel_good:
Everything you stated Racky is true and the survival rate is quite high with Florida ricordea not as high with yumas but there are those that have had great success with them as well. There is also gravity proagation....Where you get a full adult ric to attach to 2 pieces of rock rubble with one being bigger then the other. Hang the bigger one off an edge and have the small one wedged in the rock work. Over time the weight of the large rock rubble will pull on the tissue of the polyp and it will stretch. Then it will stretch to the point where it gets thin and breaks or you can then take a xacto knife and cut it with little or no stress what so ever. The cool part of that is when I did this with one of my pink Florida ricordea the mother polyp healed in about a day and was as big as it was before the fragging due to the stretching of the tissue. I have had 100% surviveability with this method......Hope that help a bit.....

jarred1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick to keeping yumas is to start them really low in the tank with very little light. Let them stay there for about a week and then start to move them into the light and every week move it higher until you have it where you want it. I have saved ones that were bleached by doing this.

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, I never knew how to tell the difference. I also have a blue florida ric with two mouths I think I will stretch and cut.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back