OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see the fish in their new home. How long until you start adding in corals?
Uhhhh depends, I have to get a new power box for my light since it got fried by water leaking out of my tank (water leak was solved). Once that gets fixed? I'll end up getting coral, so hopefully soon!

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well it was one eventful weekend this weekend. From having to keep running back and forth to various stores to grab stuff I kept forgetting for my tank, to having to get a tire replaced because I went and got electrical equipment and ran over something while at Lowe’s haha. Regardless, I now have water in the tank with some rock and sand (thank goodness!!) I went with Carib live sand, it looked nice but I generally like there products too. Aquascape went through a lot of different phases until I settled with this one which I thought looked neat and had a cool design to it.
IMG_1946.jpeg

For a rodi setup? It’s a little jank to say the least, I have it under my sink with one tube going into the sink and another into the bucket to do my water mixing and changing (not pictured is the heater and power head I bought a little after the picture was taken. I have to keep the cabinet locked with this feather cat toy since my kitten keeps getting into the cabinet to either stare at the water or to try and get into the salt, (picture of the cat below as well
IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1948.jpeg

As of now I’m working on salinity with the tank (getting a refractometer in today or tomorrow) and making sure temperature and all that is under control, once all that is good and ready to go I’ll start cycling the tank. Going to do a Dr. Tim’s fishless cycle for the tank. I’ll keep everyone posted as this tank goes through the cycle process!!! Thanks everyone for being interested in the tank and wanted to know if everything is going alright with it haha.
IMG_1956.jpeg
Really dig this piece

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RODI is the one piece of equipment you can have for forever if you just buy correctly in the first time. Break the bank, I mean you are in the reef hobby already why would you skimp on the most basic long lasting equipment. I highly recommend spectrapure. I bought the 90gpd five stage 16 years ago and have been very very very happy. It beats all the others on the market. It comes fully assembled, with detailed instructions, and amazing support. BRS is fine and all but just get the best and never think about it again.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright providing an update for everyone. Tank has been on somewhat of a standby mode. I had my light's battery get fried by water a few months back due to my tank overflowing ( I had the battery in a not so great spot haha). Getting another battery was a pain but I did end up getting one which is going to be mounted inside my tank this week. Plus I've been saving money for various life expenses that have come up so the tank has gone on the back burner. However, once I get the light back up and working again, I'm going to purchase some coral for my tank and get it going strong again! Yes, both the fish in the tank are doing just fine!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the tank. We got our shipment from @TopShelfAquatics and we couldn't be more happy with what we got. Everything was healthy and packed well, currently everything is getting use to the tank so I'll get some more pictures tomorrow once everything opens up.
IMG_3640.jpeg
IMG_3644.jpeg
IMG_3649.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg
IMG_3647.jpeg
IMG_3651.jpeg
IMG_3652.jpeg
IMG_3653.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update on the tank. We got our shipment from @TopShelfAquatics and we couldn't be more happy with what we got. Everything was healthy and packed well, currently everything is getting use to the tank so I'll get some more pictures tomorrow once everything opens up.
IMG_3640.jpeg
IMG_3644.jpeg
IMG_3649.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg
IMG_3647.jpeg
IMG_3651.jpeg
IMG_3652.jpeg
IMG_3653.jpeg

Beautiful corals and fish!!

AlyciaMarie

Mrs. Gumbies R Us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3640.jpeg
IMG_3644.jpeg
IMG_3649.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg
IMG_3647.jpeg
IMG_3651.jpeg
IMG_3652.jpeg
IMG_3653.jpeg
Season 2 Reaction GIF by The Office

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%

Back