Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great man! Any new fish?
Not currently, I've been away from home for the past couple of weeks so haven't had time to get some haha. I'm going to next week start ordering some fish and CUC for the tank though!

Riggins76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. Have you added rock or water as of yet? Any updates? You commented on my build so I figured I have to see your build :). I bought my RODI off amazon and it has been running pretty smooth so far. I don't exactly know what separates good from bad but I did check my TDS and it was below 10 if I remember correctly compared to 180 which is what my tap water is at. Not knowing all about water chemistry I thought that was pretty good. Still trying to learn lol. Anyway good luck with the tank and can't wait to see some more pictures.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. Have you added rock or water as of yet? Any updates? You commented on my build so I figured I have to see your build :). I bought my RODI off amazon and it has been running pretty smooth so far. I don't exactly know what separates good from bad but I did check my TDS and it was below 10 if I remember correctly compared to 180 which is what my tap water is at. Not knowing all about water chemistry I thought that was pretty good. Still trying to learn lol. Anyway good luck with the tank and can't wait to see some more pictures.
Yeah, I have rock and water in there! It is kinda just in maintenance mode for now since I'm fixing to go out of town for a few weeks. However, once I get back, I'm going to get it stocked up and ready to go!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, how’s the build going? Hope the holiday was good?
Build is going good, I'm getting some CUC ordered later this week. I've had to put the build on the back burner due to some trips that came up, family issues that arose during the time as well. Hopefully, if everything goes right, I can get some CUC in there this week and work on getting fish and coral in the next few weeks!

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this was a long time coming. I Got a RedSea Max Nano 75L 20 Gallon around 2 months ago for Christmas. I just now got around to setting it up since I've been busy cleaning my apartment, making space for the tank and finally getting Christmas decorations and a Christmas tree out of my apartment. The Setup was well, interesting to say the least. I finished building the stand and realized the top and bottom pieces were on the wrong side. So I had to backtrack through the tank stand, take some side panels off and put the parts on the right side this time. Eventually, I got the stand built after around 2 hours or so of disappointment but satisfaction when I finally got it built haha. Now was time to get the tank out of the box and set it on top of the stand. Got the tank on the stand, got everything put together for the tank, powered it up, and it worked with no issues. I thought at least something was going to happen with me setting up the stand wrong but to my surprise, it went smoothly getting the actual tank set up. So I got everything set up and ready to go, but I had a few questions before I start putting stuff in there. My first question is what is some dry rock that you would recommend I get? Also, I plan on getting a RODI that way I don't have to go to my fish store to get water every time I need to top it off or do water changes, I am wondering what is the RODI I should get for my tank that isn't going to break the bank haha. This is just the start of this build and as time goes on this will get updated with more progress and eventually aquatic life swimming around in the tank. Thanks, Everyone to the Reef2Reef community for being awesome, helpful towards those that don't know a whole lot, and providing a lot of insight on various aspects of the hobby!

Looking good... have fun!

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what you got going so far. I think I would get the purple rock now, but I already had some of the white rock left over from previous projects. I saw something about dying them in purple primer but not sure if that's safe or not.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have only 2 cents to give, since I am in this hobby.

Break the bank on an RO system. Look, it's a thing you will will buy once. You want one that you can pull out of the box and everything is put together and ready to go. So buy from the dude who lives in the desert and invented RO for the reef hobby. Just do it. This is the one I have. Spectrapure 90GPD If you buy another one and post on here when you need help with it I will make a point to find that post and ridicule you relentlessly. Just kidding, I will smirk though.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time! Sorry about the delay on updates recently, me and my wife have been dealing with some personal stuff recently that kind of put a hold on my tank but the update is here finally! First off me and her ended up making a custom mesh lid for our tank using some mesh screening and a mesh frame we got from Home Depot and it ended up working really well for our tank
IMG_3012.jpeg

I decided we had nothing better to do so we went to the fish store and originally I was just gonna get some snails and move on, but did a quick water test before I left and decided getting fish as well. So while at the fish store was looking around and yes, I did end up getting snails but also ended up buying a fire fish (Franklin) and a yellow watchman goby named (gobert, first name that came to my head haha) so now I’ve got some snails roaming around in the tank, and 2 fish.
IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

Also sorry about the poor quality pictures, I would’ve busted the camera out, but I need to invest in a macro lens and some of those orange lens caps, so the phone will have to do for now. Anyways, both the fish seem to be loving their new home, snails are venturing out and doing whatever snails do haha. Next time is to let the fish keep acclimating and getting use to their new tank and here in the next couple weeks start getting some frags in there! Sorry about the delayed update everyone! Hopefully this is a decent one haha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time! Sorry about the delay on updates recently, me and my wife have been dealing with some personal stuff recently that kind of put a hold on my tank but the update is here finally! First off me and her ended up making a custom mesh lid for our tank using some mesh screening and a mesh frame we got from Home Depot and it ended up working really well for our tank
IMG_3012.jpeg

I decided we had nothing better to do so we went to the fish store and originally I was just gonna get some snails and move on, but did a quick water test before I left and decided getting fish as well. So while at the fish store was looking around and yes, I did end up getting snails but also ended up buying a fire fish (Franklin) and a yellow watchman goby named (gobert, first name that came to my head haha) so now I’ve got some snails roaming around in the tank, and 2 fish.
IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

Also sorry about the poor quality pictures, I would’ve busted the camera out, but I need to invest in a macro lens and some of those orange lens caps, so the phone will have to do for now. Anyways, both the fish seem to be loving their new home, snails are venturing out and doing whatever snails do haha. Next time is to let the fish keep acclimating and getting use to their new tank and here in the next couple weeks start getting some frags in there! Sorry about the delayed update everyone! Hopefully this is a decent one haha
I love your rockwork and your new fish are so bright and pretty! Looking forward to see this develop more. Do you have a color or species theme you are going for with coral, or FOWLR?

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your rockwork and your new fish are so bright and pretty! Looking forward to see this develop more. Do you have a color or species theme you are going for with coral, or FOWLR?
Probably going to start with some zoas first. I don't really have a specific theme in mind? Just trying to get what works in my tank and what looks unique haha (also not trying to break the bank on anything either)

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas are so pretty. I love the daisy cutters. I don’t have any because I’m afraid of the toxin.
Yeah, those are some nice looking coral! I'll have to do some research and see what kind I want to get

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably going to start with some zoas first. I don't really have a specific theme in mind? Just trying to get what works in my tank and what looks unique haha (also not trying to break the bank on anything either)
Good choice zoa gardens look brilliant and also amazing colours there’s that much choice and easy to keep

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 131 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back