• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

A whole lot of SPS. BC, CC, JF, RMF, etc. + CSB anemones

Item Price
$25 - $1500
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available
OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Like a super rare acro or a weird thing
Sublime granulosa is probably my favorite acro and extremely rare in the hobby.

Also have a pretty broad selection of other smooth acros that I don’t think you’ll find anywhere else in one place. Most of which are exceptionally nice and hard to find more than one or two anywhere else. They are marked with a red (S) on the list in the first post. It has taken many years to track these down and grow them all into colonies I can frag. Hardly any of them, or anything similar, has been imported in the past couple of years.

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sublime granulosa is probably my favorite acro and extremely rare in the hobby.

Also have a pretty broad selection of other smooth acros that I don’t think you’ll find anywhere else in one place. Most of which are exceptionally nice and hard to find more than one or two anywhere else. They are marked with a red (S) on the list in the first post. It has taken many years to track these down and grow them all into colonies I can frag. Hardly any of them, or anything similar, has been imported in the past couple of years.
Cool thanks for the info therman i appreciate it

Barrnone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some chunky frags from @therman today.

Attachments

• 20230830_160734.jpg
    20230830_160734.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A few people couldn't get their frag packs wrapped up before the end of August for a variety of reasons, including hurricanes and the heat. To make it fair I will just extend that 25% off all packs through September for everyone. Still loads of corals that need to be trimmed back!

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am upping the pack discount to 30% until I can get my growth under control. Almost everything is too big and needs to be cut back, and the variety is just so much that even several orders don't make a dent because of so many colonies. Who needs frags?

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upping the pack discount to 30% until I can get my growth under control. Almost everything is too big and needs to be cut back, and the variety is just so much that even several orders don't make a dent because of so many colonies. Who needs frags?
Me! My tank crashed shortly after my first order from you :(. Your frags were amazing and the value was unreal. Just bad timing for something to go wild with dosing. Hoping to get an order in again soon.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Me! My tank crashed shortly after my first order from you :(. Your frags were amazing and the value was unreal. Just bad timing for something to go wild with dosing. Hoping to get an order in again soon.
Sorry to hear that! I'd be happy to help you build your tank back up to something even better than you had before :)

We are creeping up on November, so if anyone wants to get orders in this year, I usually like to have everything shipped out before the week of Thanksgiving.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim,
im thinking of trying a few smooth skins……and input on light and flow etc for them? Anything different than the rest of my acros? I have a few in the tank now (smooth skin) but they aren’t really growing…..but some of my tenius and milli’s aren’t either. Yet others are growing like crazy.

corey

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tim,
im thinking of trying a few smooth skins……and input on light and flow etc for them? Anything different than the rest of my acros? I have a few in the tank now (smooth skin) but they aren’t really growing…..but some of my tenius and milli’s aren’t either. Yet others are growing like crazy.

corey
After building a large collection of "smooth skin" Acropora, I've come to accept that there is not a lot of consistency in being able to predict how they will do in a given system. They like stability of course, but I have had some corals thrive in one system and do poorly in my backup, and vice versa while at the same time others do fine in both right next to them. So it is really a matter of trial and error. They are really a diverse group of species from a wide variety of different environments which makes it a challenge to generalize.

If you want to shoot me a message I can put together a list of some of the cheaper/hardier ones that would be good to start with (that you like of course) and we can go from there!

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have a colony of Peng's Hoto?

Also noticed you don't have much/ any Lokani, is it really that fickle? Horrida pretty fickle too and I'm eyeing that CC Frostbite one.

That unarce orenji, reefgen blueberry fantasy, and Deep Blue Hoeksemai are crazy coloration in your photos, I'm out of money at the moment but I'll reach out in the near future for some other goodies too.

I ended up spending some money on rainbow tenuis for the first time, but I run mostly white spectrum and you can sorta imagine my disappointment lol.

I've began the hunt for "classics" which seems to be more and more often, "things that look really nice under whites and often don't even show up under blues" .

Have a good Thanksgiving.

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also noticed you don't have much/ any Lokani, is it really that fickle? Horrida pretty fickle too and I'm eyeing that CC Frostbite one.

That unarce orenji, reefgen blueberry fantasy, and Deep Blue Hoeksemai are crazy coloration in your photos, I'm out of money at the moment but I'll reach out in the near future for some other goodies too.

I ended up spending some money on rainbow tenuis for the first time, but I run mostly white spectrum and you can sorta imagine my disappointment lol.

I've began the hunt for "classics" which seems to be more and more often, "things that look really nice under whites and often don't even show up under blues" .

If you're looking for classics that look good under white, if you don't have the OG Oregon tort, definitely pick that one up.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Honestly I try to focus on corals that look good under whiter light, as they have staying power in the hobby. I feel that many corals that only look good under blues with an orange filter are borderline scams when you only see photos of them under those conditions online. Emperor has no clothes situation. Because people want to recoup their money, they keep growing and selling them, and perpetuate the cycle.

I am extremely happy to put together packs of "these are just honestly great looking corals". Many are older classics, but there are definitely newer pieces that fly under the radar (or get lost in the sea of hyped pieces) which deserve your consideration.

I have one lokani that is still chugging along that I haven't posted. They are extraordinarily sensitive, or at least don't do well in the systems most people run these days. Ari's Avalanche is kind of like a souped up lokani, with perhaps thicker branches and structure, which seems much hardier. It is my go-to piece if you are looking for something like that without as many headaches and a higher probability of success.

A happy turkey day to one and all!

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I try to focus on corals that look good under whiter light, as they have staying power in the hobby. I feel that many corals that only look good under blues with an orange filter are borderline scams when you only see photos of them under those conditions online. Emperor has no clothes situation. Because people want to recoup their money, they keep growing and selling them, and perpetuate the cycle.

I am extremely happy to put together packs of "these are just honestly great looking corals". Many are older classics, but there are definitely newer pieces that fly under the radar (or get lost in the sea of hyped pieces) which deserve your consideration.

I have one lokani that is still chugging along that I haven't posted. They are extraordinarily sensitive, or at least don't do well in the systems most people run these days. Ari's Avalanche is kind of like a souped up lokani, with perhaps thicker branches and structure, which seems much hardier. It is my go-to piece if you are looking for something like that without as many headaches and a higher probability of success.

A happy turkey day to one and all!
Thanks Therman I'll reach out here before year's end.

Have a good week!

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not on the list, but do you have the ASD rainbow mille, or one of its common cousins floating around in the hobby... thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back