A whole new dimension!!!

Who made your sump?
 
Martin, if it was custom made, I don't know about it...lol. I purchased it used.
 
Here's a few boring pics to look at....lol.

3828499145_36eacef815_b.jpg


Here's about 1/3 of the rock I added today. That's a lid from the largest Rubbermaid tote I have. To give you an idea of size, the lid is about 3' long.
3828499971_ab8d5b415f_b.jpg


LOL Ceiling fan right above the camera, you can see the pull chain. Okay, this is all the rock I added today. There's still LOTS of room. I'm sure I'll re-aquascape several times before I get it all in.
3829300980_88522e7d1e_b.jpg


3828502421_365928f27d_b.jpg


Ran out of water, so I put a pump in to circulate water, and called it a night.
3828502947_a027449ef3_b.jpg
 
im really like your tank, very nice. looks like your making some progress... cant wait for some more boring pics :)
 
Tank has cleared up a lot!! Last night, it was still a lil murky, but I took some pics anyway. Then I just took a couple more pics. Here they are. Forgive the reflections...lol. Without lights on the tank, I can't take pics at night, with room lights out. Soooo, we get reflections.
Last night
3833692883_fc93fd2d05_b.jpg


Just a few minutes ago
3834487614_c20ab78642_b.jpg


Here, you can see a reflection of Angie's Nano.
3833693365_822744955f_b.jpg


Today, I will drill anti siphon holes in the outputs of the SeaSwirls. Last night, I tested the sump/fuge capacity, by unplugging the return pump. Before doing this, I bent the Locline Y up a bit, to get it closer to the surface. By the time everything drained, I still had room for about 8 1/5 gallons in the sump/fuge. While doing this, I'll also do away with the locline Ys and replace with a single locline flare on each SeaSwirl.

Might also get around to adding more live rock today.

Last night, I tested the water. The only thing that registered was a very slight reading of nitrates. That was before I put the skimmer online.
 
Done for the day, and exhausted!! I got all the rock in the 200. Most of the corals are in, some are still in the 75 awaiting transfer. I just got too wore out...lol. All fish are still in the 75 and will be caught, bagged and acclimated tomorrow. There are a few fish in the the 75, that won't make it into the 200, for various reasons. I'll also add a Modded MJ1200. Well, here's some pics I just too...enjoy. There's some sand floating around, so they aren't the best of pics.

3851603164_11d11a6c01_b.jpg


3850806615_dda159c509_b.jpg


This is Actinics only.

3850807187_15924b9c59_b.jpg


This is all lights on, well, for now. Right now, there's only a 6 bulb, Tek5 fixture on the tank. I plan to add another 4 bulb Tek 5 fixture, as soon as possible.

3851604838_614e39a6d0_b.jpg


From the end

3850807531_3876990b8f_b.jpg


Left side

3850809835_a7421a121a_b.jpg


Center

3850810471_094b7c50c1_b.jpg


Right of center

3850811187_db19901c97_b.jpg


Far right

3851608748_0594268d97_b.jpg


Still not enough room!!!

3851605406_c8d24694e5_b.jpg


Once the 75 is all tore down, I'll tackle the 46, some of which is also going into the 200.
 
It really looks great! You should be proud! I love your aquascape and you corals! :D
 
Bye Bye Sweet 75. You've served your purpose well and will be greatly missed!!

3514469062_040a9a4754_b.jpg


3870567535_e82d15d285_b.jpg


Ewwww.

3871351956_3df9d7bef3_b.jpg
 
Guess it's time for some new pics!!

I'll start with the feeding frenzy. I apologize for the distractions floating in the water. When they first attack the algae, it releases a bunch of air bubbles. After that, there's specks of algae floating all over.


3917270850_fd6b679147_b.jpg


3917265536_c52ef8fe39_b.jpg


Check out those chompers!!

3917271602_3db83c30dd_b.jpg


Most recent FTS, taken about a week ago. Actinics only. Meant to get a full light FTS the next day and didn't get around to it. Guess I'll try again today.
 
Wow I love the one cluster of looks like cap, a birdsnest and an acro of some type growing together!
How has the trigger been for you in the tank. Doesn't eat coral?'
Looks like you should have kept the other tank for a frag tank, no?
 
Yes, an orange cap and birdsnest growing together. That wasn't meant to happen...lol. A couple years ago, while doing some maintenance, in the 75, I kept knocking over the small birdsnest frag, so I moved it into a hole, in a rock with a small amount of orange cap on it. Well, I forgot to return the birdsnest to it's original spot. Over the next few days, I kept telling myself, "you gotta move that birdsnest today." It never happened. Now it's this.
3389666403_3e0f16601f_b.jpg


The Acro is actually a few inches in front of it...and this was in the 75.

As for the Triggers. Blue Jaws are one of the few reef safe Triggers. No problems at all and I absolutely LOVE them!!!

You aren't the first person to recommend setting the 75 up as a frag tank...lol. Part of the project, involving the 200, is returning our 40 breeder back to it's intended purpose, as a frag tank. Working on that now.
 
Here's a couple new pics I took, yesterday.

Hells Angel Zoanthids. These have to be the tiniest polyped Zoanthids I've ever seen!!

4034927987_8b09b98dc8_b.jpg


BRA Lunar Eclipse Zoanthids
4035679932_c234134ecb_b.jpg
 
WOW, it's been awhile since I've posted to this.

Well, I recently finished re-aquascaping the tank. I like the look much better, AND have more room for coral growth.

I've also purchased more lighting for the tank to add to my old lighting. Now, I'm having issues with my old lighting. My 6X54 Tek5 starting giving me fits. I'd narrowed it down to one of the ballasts. Replaced that ballast yesterday, and it wasn't the problem. I had an electrician test everything out for me today and we figured it out. It's a bad end cap. This $1.95 part is keeping the center 4 bulbs from firing...lol. End cap should be here in Saturday. Once the 6 bulb fixture is working and back on the tank, along with the new 4 bulb fixture, I'll get some new pictures taken!!

I'm also in the process of moving corals back into the 200, from the 40. A lot of corals didn't survive the CO2 problem. I also have a huge crab in the 40, that's taking out zoanthids on a nightly basis. No idea how it got in there, but it's probably been in there for a couple years. Nothing new has been added to that tank in that time. I just discovered this guy about a month ago. Haven't caught him yet. After everything gets moved back into the 200, I'll tear the 40 apart, catch the evil perpetrator and banish him to my sump!!
 
LOVE IT! Can you post an up to date full tank/stand shot?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new