A whole new dimension!!!

Very nice, congrats to you on that nice new tank. I think it will be to small real quick with all of those frags on the frag rack.
 
Will get a new FTS picture posted soon. Waiting on end cap, so picture includes ALL lighting.

Strout, thank you. Unfortunately, I lost A LOT of those frags in the above mentioned Co2 disaster. Slowly rebuilding.
 
Not full tank shots, but a few recent pictures. Got a few frags from Dang and here they are.

Oregon Tort
4380185026_0d16d03000_b.jpg


Candle Delight Acropora
4380181818_c77852796f_b.jpg


Aussie Jaquelina Acropora
4379424749_4bbc5696b5_b.jpg


Rommel's Rainbow
4380178350_982da32250_b.jpg


Becker Tort
4379370591_f976597587_b.jpg


Mystery Pink Acropora
4379369517_d7bb575d28_b.jpg


Raspberry Lemonaide Acropora
4380124340_a0aaf8695c_b.jpg
 
How did your zoanthid collection come out?
 
How did your zoanthid collection come out?

Zoanthids survived the CO2 problem. Unfortunately, they didn't survive a hitchhiker crab that we recently found. This guys HUGE. I still haven't caught it, but moved the remaining Zoanthids back to the 200. They were in the 40, while the 200 recovered. The crab was taking out a colony every 2 days!! Grrrr We still have quite a few, but not near what we did have.

Finally got around to taking a few full tank shots. As you can see, I need to scrape some coralline...lol. I've also gotta get some corals glued to rocks, so I can eliminate 1 or 2 frag racks.

Left Side
4394973243_1401ddd312_b.jpg


Center
4395737266_759caa0cf2_b.jpg


Right Side
4395734308_2f1c42a871_b.jpg


FTS
4394962357_97e4e423bc_b.jpg
 
Frag racks are very nice to have, but it can be such a relief to get them out of a display tank.

I've battled those **** crabs ever since I started keep zoanthids.
They will eat everything once they find out zoanthids can be a food source.
I usually end up using the small wide mouth baby food jar baited with a piece of shrimp weighted down in the bottom.
I usually propped the jar at a 45degree angle against a rock, near where I think it might be. Usually after catching every hermit first, the preditor crab usually goes in.
 
My plan is to tear down the 40, clean it up and re-aquascape. As I do that, I'll catch the bad crab and banish it to the sump of the 200.

Decided, while I had the camera out, I'd shoot a few more pics.

Through dirty glass...lol.
4395223009_3c4b2dc6e5_b.jpg


Bubble Coral Macro
4395988596_96aa1bcdb6_b.jpg


4395206995_10b3e2bb7b_b.jpg


4395202823_09a1587a16_b.jpg


4395967004_6e9f6b5e1c_b.jpg
 
Coral in need of Behavior Modification!!!

So, Angie just got home, and points out that our Bubble Coral is attacking an Acan. Earlier today, I took and posted a macro of our Bubble Coral. At the time, it was being a model citizen. Here what we just caught it doing:

4396276359_68273f2834_b.jpg


4397044802_06e91a9b42_b.jpg


4397047818_b0bb5a7662_b.jpg


When I reached in with the grabbers, to move the Acan, that tentacle stuck itself to the grabbers...lol. Grumpy Bubble Coral!!
 
Some Actinic pics:

Here's our HUGE Turbo Snail, Madison named Abby...lol. Abby has been with us for about 4 years, and was the first snail we ever purchased...lol. Abby has gone from our first tank, a 29, to our 46, 75 and now the 200DD.

4404541734_fa0b06be29_b.jpg


Tamarind Tort
4404544402_aaf4718186_b.jpg


Bob Moore Stag
4403781885_224a27669f_b.jpg


Orange M. cap colony
4404552438_21ee4d7ec2_b.jpg


A few Acan frags
4404558840_66035868e9_b.jpg


4404559640_05347e7d27_b.jpg


4403795061_ef86e61383_b.jpg
 
ORA Ice Tortuosa
4406221469_2ca4a5b93c_b.jpg


Some new Zoanthids, that look suspiciously like Lunar Eclipses
4406988266_a826410464_b.jpg
 
Here we go.
Strawberry Shortcake Acropora
Received 2 frags today. Unfortunately, they aren't both mine...lol. Holding one for a friend, for a couple weeks. They've been in the tank for about 15 minutes.

Frag #1.
4409850088_4fdc0bb51f_b.jpg


4409849358_9b712c10e9_b.jpg


Frag #2.
4409081243_2eeccfb879_b.jpg


4409079647_1e2a5e095f_b.jpg
 
Here's some updated shots of the 2 frags of Strawberry Shortcake Acro. They've now been in the tank right at 20 hours, 18 hours when these pics were taken.

I now have 2 T5 fixtures (6 bulb and 4 bulb) so I have an expanded "Dawn to Dusk" effect, with more Actinic options.

1st set of Actinics on.
4410921551_2bf22ee5af_b.jpg


All Actinics on.
4411689010_72c8de2c89_b.jpg


All lights on.
4410922679_4beea21520_b.jpg


4411690192_5e654cf7d3_b.jpg
 
Some new pics, I took this morning. SSC Acro is showing LOTS of polyp extension!

Bob Moore Blue Acropora loisetteae
4425222582_d13c93f7d9_b.jpg


Lights just came on, so this Torch isn't showing off it's full glory.
4425220744_1c149cd098_b.jpg


SSC Acropora nasuta
4425218486_b3c9f46dbf_b.jpg


Nuclear Green Paly
4424451237_6e43ef3950_b.jpg
 
Shot a few actinics tonight. Please excuse the coralline, though it did make for a couple interesting pictures.

4442799106_b719ed799a_b.jpg


4442013273_f43daafa7d_b.jpg


4442011143_52e755455c_b.jpg


4442009907_89a3b2ffa5_b.jpg


4442007479_523523bf29_b.jpg


4442784412_bcf65270cf_b.jpg
 
I love the black clown pic!
 
Revhtree, I got lots of pics of the Occellaris, in that cuddling mood. Unfortunately, only the above picture, had a clear view past all the coralline...lol. In all the rest of the pics, a spot of coralline was partially blocking.

AlphaCorals, thanks!! The Torch was recently moved, from our 40 breeder. It's doing amazingly well, considering the recentness of the move.
 
Newest addition. Atlantic Blue Tang, Acanthurus coeruleus.

This is a beautiful and nice sized specimen, that we found at Barbie's today!! Our Tomini Tang didn't agree though. There was about an hour of aggression, tail slapping, with "scalpels" fully extended, on both fish. I attempted to get some pictures of the action, but unfortunately, most didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

4461922410_8b53b0096f_b.jpg


4461142269_122de45361_b.jpg


4461141745_6ae7a8c156_b.jpg


4461919110_0da409cc0d_b.jpg


4461916750_58d9975a4f_b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new