A whole new dimension!!!

Some new pictures.

Monster Bubble Coral that expands to about 10".
4509015510_3d759b5c40_b.jpg


4509017072_d130945a05_b.jpg


Baby Blue Hammer Coral
4508375843_e7d38fbec7_b.jpg


I really needed to do a better job of cleaning the glass!!

Atlantic Blue Tang
4508378365_c8825dc721_b.jpg


Tomini Tang
4509017736_f48c56d178_b.jpg


Blue Millipora
4508380447_61654357c1_b.jpg


Red Headed Solon Fairy Wrasse
4509027768_ae072e2cfd_b.jpg


4509025700_72b2d230b2_b.jpg


4508385553_44c593a18e_b.jpg
 
I took a few Top Down shots today. I'm unable to get much for top downs, because there isn't enough room, with the light fixtures, for the look down box. But, here's a few.

Moster Bubble Coral. This guy's 10"-12" in diameter.
4597629990_05a7a7fd6d_b.jpg


4597015299_0edac68ffa_b.jpg


4597007599_f1acc6dd60_b.jpg


4597620984_86f12265e2_b.jpg


4597004837_80ec6faa35_b.jpg
 
Without pictures, none of you would believe it, but I actually scraped all the coralline off of the glass!! It took me 2 days, but I got it done!! What an undertaking!!

4626059820_612fc0c195_b.jpg


4625452237_bd34c9e650_b.jpg


Now I can actually take pics of corals that I couldn't, because of the coralline.

4625454551_008dc08c95_b.jpg


4626064710_d8e856fdff_b.jpg


4626064416_3f6b072aa8_b.jpg


4625456707_1a1e03b30e_b.jpg


4625464593_97ca3eb6ab_b.jpg


4625462529_41e9de4c54_b.jpg
 
A cool new addition, I picked up from Aquarium Solutions, the other day.

Black Sun Coral (Tubastraea micrantha)

4636067112_082c42a2b5_b.jpg


After a couple of feedings, to coax it to eat.

4635465685_b4a91da8fa_b.jpg
 
Decided to get the Look Down box out and snap a few pictures this morning.

4645929257_2482896b0c_b.jpg


4645925571_718d6c0c5d_b.jpg


4646538166_1a699b9940_b.jpg


4645913789_1169604f0a_b.jpg


4645912807_b8d204b10a_b.jpg


4645910263_96e4d1b6a6_b.jpg
 
I can't believe it's been so long, since I updated. Here's a few "top down" shots, I took yesterday, of some new and some old.

4773533420_1ee9a61f53_b.jpg


4772898065_c7a055f880_b.jpg


4772899047_0b47eb1f76_b.jpg


4773538484_32ea52d10c_b.jpg


4773540666_89d633a1c7_b.jpg


4772915317_a1f01259c6_b.jpg


4773557452_3ec8393c00_b.jpg
 
Hey Michael! LOL. I just found out about this site. :bigsmile: Where did you get your blue hammer? Is it ready for fragging yet?

Gina
 
Hey Michael! LOL. I just found out about this site. :bigsmile: Where did you get your blue hammer? Is it ready for fragging yet?

Gina

Hi Gina and welcome to R2R!!!

It's been awhile, but I believe we got the Blue Hammer at Barrier Reef, in Seattle. Did you see a picture of it in this thread? As far as I remember, it's never been in the 200...lol. It's currently in Angie's Nano and has been for a year or so. It's lost some of it's color due to Ushio's crappy bulbs. Next time, I'm buying a Phoenix bulb!! Unfortunately, it's been a slow grower and I haven't been able to frag it for quite some time. Guess it's time to start spot feeding it...lol.
 
did u ever find the big crab in the 40 gal? we have a crab tank with 2 large crabs in it ... just curious as to what it looks like

and awesome tank!! i hope to one day have one like that
 
Hey is there a piece 3/4 plywood between the tank and stand? and should use 48"by36"foam if not ohhhhh boy!
 
very awesome tank man.. just a heads up.. in the pics above pics #2&4 I spot some Red bugs..

Yep. Shortly after taking these photos, I found them myself...lol. In fact, I found them on a few other corals. So, I ended up pulling every single coral out of the tank, and giving them a really strong Coral Rx bath and then an Interceptor bath. I then put all corals in a stock tank and used Interceptor and Coral Rx in the entire tank, over night. Then I also used Interceptor in the display tank, itself. I wasn't taking any chances....lol. Since then, I've inspected, several times, very closely. I'm 100% sure I got them all!! I've also figured out WHO I got them from....lol. Filthy lil' buggers!

Where do you see red bugs?

Keep looking, you'll find them...lol. However, you'll not find them in my tank now!!
 
WOW, I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated this thread!!

Anyway, today, I spent some time scraping coralline algae. Yep, I really did. Since I knew no one would believe me, I decided to snap a few pictures.

All pics taken with a Canon 7D. I used my 18-200mm for some and my 100mm Macro for others. The only pic to be edited, in any way, is the FTS, which was cropped, to eliminate the kitchen...lol.

5153186848_15d7ff635c_b.jpg


5152576501_505531e1a9_b.jpg


5152570177_14f4cb9934_b.jpg


5152579885_c43bb5dfbb_b.jpg


5153174398_5fd88dd6ed_b.jpg


5152566977_932efc00f8_b.jpg


5152563509_8e9458caef_b.jpg


5153169652_83c11205cb_b.jpg


5153167496_3af8665a4e_b.jpg
 
RBTA on the move!!

For almost a year, our RBTA has rarely made it's self visible enough to photograph. It is anchored, under a large piece of live rock, and usually stretches out, behind that rock, out of view.

Today, it decided to stretch out, a different direction, resulting in the need to move a couple corals...lol. BUT, it did allow me to get a few pictures of it, which I haven't been able to do in a long time!!

5170088337_ae86bae404_b.jpg


5170085483_e00c69312a_b.jpg


5170690524_d3b0896efa_b.jpg


LOL Nothing's really in focus, in this next one, but I liked it, so you're stuck looking at it.

5170089711_1f8d1c91c9_b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new