abc reagents don't expire?

Good info here, thanks everyone. Sounds like the takeaway is: ABC doesn't publish an expiration date, but CoralVue lists a 24-month shelf life unopened once opened/capped (not sealed), that clock likely moves faster, especially if exposed to light (mmorrison55's clear glass storage may have sped up the B/C degradation). My high alk reading was probably a mix of aged reagent + needing a recalibration after switching from Neptune's reagents mid-stream. Going forward I'll date my bottles on arrival and buy only what I'll use in ~6 months.

Something to think about but will say up front that this is a personal hobbyist decision. Coralvue is selling ABC reagents. Neptune and CoralVue are competitors. CoralVue is sniping a little bit of revenue from Neptune. CoralVue, if they manage to release the Maven, is reagent based testing. They have said that they are putting barcodes on their reagent bottles to register before use. They also announced the Maven prior to Neptune announcing their Trident NP...
 
Not sure I understand. Did something in this thread suggest it is not?
Lol no. Sorry. I'm not sure the timeline on the maven announcement stuff. Was sort of just throwing this out there in that context... I also don't really care tbh. I should have just kept quiet :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new