Abnormal Spots on Tailspot Blenny?

austin_socal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I just woke up this morning and noticed these bright white lines and spots on my tailspot. Is this normal?
TIA :)

IMG_2719.jpeg
 
Stress marks, how long have you had it?
 
Hi everyone,
I just woke up this morning and noticed these bright white lines and spots on my tailspot. Is this normal?
TIA :)

IMG_2719.jpeg
Stress marks but also camouflage, mine usually has his "on" when he's sleeping, so its likely you just caught yours when it was recently asleep and are seeing the markings that it uses when sleeping. If it's happening during the day and doesn't go away after a short period of time with the lights on, something is probably stressing him out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new