Absolute best way to attach rocks together?

BaileysTank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
42
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I would like to know the best way to attach rocks together for aquascaping. I w just want to know if I should be using acrylic rods, super glue, cement, ect. If you have any suggestion please feel free to give them and also if you wouldn’t mind telling me the exact product you use (like if it was by ecomarine or something like that)
 
It partially depends on what kind of aquascape you’re doing, but I had really good luck when building my NSA using a combination of superglue/accelerant (for small pieces), and e-Marco 400 mortar for the big pieces. Sometimes I’d get a bond started with superglue, then go back later and pack e Marco around the cracks.
 
I did not have huge pieces but I used superglue and then standard reefing epoxy stick as a second securing method. Covered the epoxy in thin glue then rock dust so it blended in. Just like the BRS videos. I have had no problems and the bonds have been really solid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new