AC110 of any use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoggyNW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SoggyNW

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2019
Messages
430
Reaction score
611
Location
Wenatchee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going through boxes in the garage and found a pair of AC110 HOB filters from a freshwater tank I had years ago. Is there any use for them on a reef setup? I have a 40b with a 20 gallon sump. Maybe for temporary carbon filtering? Or I can sell them and buy something useful.
 
One of them would be perfect on your 40, look at In Tank for mods for it.
 
Probably wouldn’t hurt to hold on to one, as you said carbon if needed and some other oddball issues that may come up.
I once added some fine sand to a tank resulting in too much floating in the water column. Ended up using a hob with some filter material to pull out what didn’t want to settle to clear up the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new