Acan Colonies Clustered Together?

poochwashere

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
21
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Acan clusters sitting right next to each other where they are touching. I am wondering if it would be better for them if I separate them to give them some space. Would this lead to better growth rates or does it not really matter.

Also do Acans eventually crust and expand on their host rock or do they simply expand on their plugs.
 
Forgot to include a pic.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250115_055916001.MP.jpg
    PXL_20250115_055916001.MP.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 68
I don't think it will be an issue but corals will always battle for space to some degree. I have lots of corals touching each other.
 
thank you for your input!
I do have mine on their own rock islands and they have encrusted over the rock in half ball shape. One catches more food then the other and grows faster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new