Acan Flat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pfount10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pfount10

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
24
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I got a colony of Acan a few weeks back and it’s definitely not as happy as it was at my lfs. It kinda looks a bit flat.
20260307_153313_948A0A8A-DBA5-46B7-A4BF-812D85C0A50A.png
What can cause this?
 
Have you tried spot feeding it? My acan is smaller (just one polyp) but I started spot feeding mysis. It gorges itself, gets nice and plump, and now is making a new polyp. If I was more consistent with spot feeding it would probably do better.
 
Have you tried spot feeding it? My acan is smaller (just one polyp) but I started spot feeding mysis. It gorges itself, gets nice and plump, and now is making a new polyp. If I was more consistent with spot feeding it would probably do better.
I tried doing that today and it ate a bunch of pellets so we’ll see how doing that works out.
 
Maybe to much light or flow? I feed mine 3 times a week to keep them happy.
Roger that, I managed to drop a few pellets on it today and it gobbled them up. I try to feed them but I think I mostly miss lol. If they don’t perk up I’ll try shimmying them somewhere darker. Thank you!
 
Maybe to much light or flow? I feed mine 3 times a week to keep them happy.
It is also right in front of an intake so it’s entirely possible that it’s getting too much flow right there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new