Acan Lord Growth Rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stray32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
5
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got into acans; how could I resist all the crazy new colors hitting the market. What is a typical growth rate for these guys, or what are the ideal conditions for maximum growth potential? Do they need a lot of flow? How often do you feed? I have heard that low light is ideal for keeping their color. Any other info you could provide would be great.
 
Frequent target feeding will make them form new heads pretty regularly, but the growth of the skeleton structure is slow IME
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new