Acan problems

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, recently I have been having trouble with my Acan frag. The coral is closed up tight and actually receding flesh, as well as the center mouth is wide open. What I think is the problem is that the temperature is fluxuating too much during the day because its so hot. The tank normally sits at 79-80 degrees and has been reaching up to 83 degrees at some points throughout the day. Other coral like my Trumpet frag rock has lightened up in color

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i doubt it's the temp, in the days of MH lighting, summer time in the south, my tanks ran in the low 90s without issues. Acan like to eat, low nutrient systems they don't fair well in and that will also cause bleaching in your trumpet. you didn't mention your parameters so it's hard to guess otherwise.

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically feed my acans twice a week with benepets and they also eat everyday I feed the fish with LRS. So practically everyday. They are bottemless pits and will grow well as long as they are fed

OP
OP
Alex Cataldo

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i doubt it's the temp, in the days of MH lighting, summer time in the south, my tanks ran in the low 90s without issues. Acan like to eat, low nutrient systems they don't fair well in and that will also cause bleaching in your trumpet. you didn't mention your parameters so it's hard to guess otherwise.
could it be somthing with the chemistry? i did a large water change and then this happened

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be but without knowing the water parameters before and after, it's impossible to say.

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could it be somthing with the chemistry? i did a large water change and then this happened
without going off on a wild goose chase, the only thing that should of changed in the system with a large water change would be the reduction of those said nutrients that the Acan need (and the addition of trace elements, but that shouldn't be an issue)........... i mean unless you done something out of the ordinary with the water you made up.

Back