Acans dying other LPS not thriving

  • Thread starter Thread starter nkyreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Have you gotten your lights ramped up?
Yes. Max intensity is 90% for 5 hours. Total light time is 9 hours. I should be getting my t5 fixture soon so I'll be adding that hopefully by next week.
 
Acans love being fed... mine are in a 20" cube with 2 Kessil 160s at 50% max. 4ppm NO3 and .08ppm PO4. Happy and healthy and making babies. Just fed the fish, a few acans caught some food.

20180116_163331.jpg
20180116_163342.jpg
 
I just measured 0.2 ppm PO4 with my ULR Phosphorus checker. I have a carbon/GFO reactor that I turned off a few days ago. I changed the media and within a day a group of zoas closed up and weren't happy. They're looking good again.

49beb89e29fc0f8c6841f5c3b6563863.jpg


As you can see in the picture the other coral looks good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new